Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] U23s playing Crystal Palace - now!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
In the U23 PL you can play with three overage outfield players and one goalie.

Sanchez, Lamptey, Cucurella, Connolly, Mac Allister, Mwepu, Moder, Alzate, Roberts and Richards are all U23, though Sanchez was born in late 97 so might count as overage depending on they are doing calender years or not.

For this season players need to have been born on or after January 1st 1998 to play in the Premier League 2 competition. You are allowed to field an overage goalkeeper and up to 3 overage outfield players.

For the EFL Trophy you must name a minimum of 6 players in the starting line up who were under 21 on June 30th 2021. You may name a maximum of 2 players on the team sheet who are over 21 and have played more than 40 professional first team games as of June 30th.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I just had a look at all the tables. Our U23 are 3rd, Mens team are 4th, Womens team 5th and U18 are 6th. If you include Tonys Belgium team they are 1st. I think it would be hard to dispute that Tony Bloom is a very clever man who know how to build clubs up.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I just had a look at all the tables. Our U23 are 3rd, Mens team are 4th, Womens team 5th and U18 are 6th. If you include Tonys Belgium team they are 1st. I think it would be hard to dispute that Tony Bloom is a very clever man who know how to build clubs up.

Has any fans been out for a game at USG and made a weekend of it? I’d be all over that if I had the time. Beer, sport and a BHA connection :albion2:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

I'm sure The Great Football Oracle THPP will be here in a minute or two.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I'm sure The Great Football Oracle THPP will be here in a minute or two.

I think he would look very foolish if he tried.
I know a lot of fans say this about their own owners but i really do believe there is no one better out there than Tony Bloom.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Has any fans been out for a game at USG and made a weekend of it? I’d be all over that if I had the time. Beer, sport and a BHA connection :albion2:

Don't forget the mussels :love:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
You cannot beat a bit of hypocritical aftertiming. :lolol: :bowdown:

To be fair on me, my post was made when we were already winning. It stands though that as far as U23 results go, the most important thing is that they consolidate their division 1 status so that the players are playing the best possible age group football before being loaned out to lowers league clubs for senior experience. And beating Palace.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
But this was a weakened Albion U23 team, shirley? Tolaj or Peupion were rested for the first hour for starters.

And people banging on about sticking Ferguson in the first team - he's not even usually automatic choice for the U23s.

Whoosh.

You may have responded before reading the whole post.
I too read the opening statement as a straight comment on Palace's weakened squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here