British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Barca scout watching our keeper

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Barca scout watching our keeper

I’m not sure how the world of scouting works, but why would we allow another club’s scout into Lancing to watch the kids when fans aren’t even allowed in?

Unless we’re actively looking to sell Rushworth this makes no sense.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Pretty sure the mention of a Barca scout was about another game in the past, not today.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I’m not sure how the world of scouting works, but why would we allow another club’s scout into Lancing to watch the kids when fans aren’t even allowed in?

Don't see why not. It's not as if we're going to be playing Barca anytime soon.

Pretty sure the mention of a Barca scout was about another game in the past, not today.
This too.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

PHP:

Because other teams/grounds let our scouts (agents in) unless your run by Bellotti and you ban everyone.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
PHP:

Because other teams/grounds let our scouts (agents in) unless your run by Bellotti and you ban everyone.

So there’s some kind of implied reciprocity agreement? Do scouts have to register with the club that they want to attend under normal circumstances?

Still a Barca scout is surprising. Lower league scouts looking at potential loanees would make sense.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I wonder how far the Potter revolution has filtered through to the youth set up, the coaching there, and the ethos. Is it just me, or do the younger Seagulls still frequently look more like a Hughton team, defending with ten men behind the ball, conceding possession and looking to snatch a 1-0?

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Cochrane impressing at left back. Not slow to get forward and has defended well.

Sent from my SM-A105G using Tapatalk

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
The commentator seems obsessed with us killing time to hang on for the 3 points. I thought these games were primarily about player development with results important, but secondary?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Cochrane is superb, a real prospect

D

Deleted member 2719

This commentator is so negative, 'every minute seems like a lifetime out there for every Albion player at the moment'.
Seriously, it's a football match which the lads are holding their own in.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The commentator seems obsessed with us killing time to hang on for the 3 points. I thought these games were primarily about player development with results important, but secondary?

I don’t disagree but sometimes you have to learn how to play against a “better” team, or when under pressure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here