[Albion] U23's at home to Leicester tonight live on YouTube

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Really pleased with how sharp Tolaj is looking. His recovery has been quite slow and he’s looked (understandably) sluggish but he was really dynamic. I still think, despite the hype around the young two, that Tolaj has a real chance. So physical. Really good brain. Solid finisher.
Moran scores winner.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Get in haha

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Good result.

A big drop off in quality when Sarmiento came off.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Excellent stuff, we have some real young talent on our hands. Dropped off a bit towards the end of the second half but weathered the storm well. Good on the club for providing streams as well, this team are great to watch.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I noticed they had tried to wind up Tsoungai most of the game, Gary Lineker the referee turned a blind eye, or copped a deaf'un to it all. In all fairness, Leicestershire have a few youngsters that could easily grace an upper championship side. They will feel aggrieved, they will learn from it. We had it last week against manure....we learned

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Yawn yawn yawn

Do you have a poster of him on your wall?

Not really, just bit tedious that a lot of threads magically evolve into AC threads. In the end wasnt the case here and all good.

Nice win. Not sure how deserved seeing how they dominated the second half, but its three points.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Looked like the lino played a blinder, about time too after ...

... no me neither. :lol:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We won - but it was a bit of a snatch and grab. We didn't have a way to stop their relentless high press, and were just on the receiving end of wave after wave of Leicester attacks, with most of the play (and the players) in our own half. Good defending - even sometimes desperate defending - but it woud have been better if we could have seized control of that game!

Tolaj and Sarmiento (what a goal that was!) looked excellent, as did the two centre backs (they needed to be!)

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
We won - but it was a bit of a snatch and grab. We didn't have a way to stop their relentless high press, and were just on the receiving end of wave after wave of Leicester attacks, with most of the play (and the players) in our own half. Good defending - even sometimes desperate defending - but it woud have been better if we could have seized control of that game!

Tolaj and Sarmiento (what a goal that was!) looked excellent, as did the two centre backs (they needed to be!)

Thought Ferguson look ok as well. No real drive from midfield though and looked like we always wanted to play that extra ball

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Quite clearly I meant “when he played for the U23”.

Ps - if you haven’t made it at 21 you probably won’t

I'll enjoy witnessing you say this to Harry Kane.

We could add in Ian Wright, Jamie Vardy, and a few more if you really want them ...

Last edited:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I can’t help but wonder if Connolly playing a few games at this level wouldn’t bring him back down to earth a bit and simultaneously help his confidence in front of goal. Surely it would be good for him to get minutes under his belt and stay sharp. Alzate and Taylor Richards too.

I was lucky enough to be at Falmer on Wednesday, and can confidently report that Connolly did not look low on confidence :thumbsup:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Excellent stuff, we have some real young talent on our hands. Dropped off a bit towards the end of the second half but weathered the storm well. Good on the club for providing streams as well, this team are great to watch.

I was cooking so dipped in and out a bit, but we were battered for the last half hour. Amazing character when we went behind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports