Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

U23 v Shoreham Culver Road 7.15

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
7-0

Hardly surprising, we seem to have spent more on the under 23's than we have on the 1st team.

This. Does seem to be the way we are going. Building up the DS and then in xx yrs have an asset to play or sell. Can't blame TB et al, just wish we would add a but more in the 1st teem for 'now'....

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This. Does seem to be the way we are going. Building up the DS and then in xx yrs have an asset to play or sell. Can't blame TB et al, just wish we would add a but more in the 1st teem for 'now'....

We've got two of our original youth teamers in the first team, which is a great percentage compared to a lot of clubs.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Why wasn't it played at Middle Road?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Why wasn't it played at Middle Road?

Why would it have been played at Middle Road?

It is the Sussex Community Shield (known as the Roy Hayden Trophy until recently), played between the winners of the Sussex Senior Cup and the Sussex County League (or what is now known as the Southern Combination Football League). It is played at the Sussex FA headquarters at Culver Road, Lancing.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

It is the Sussex Community Shield (known as the Roy Hayden Trophy until recently), played between the winners of the Sussex Senior Cup and the Sussex County League (or what is now known as the Southern Combination Football League). It is played at the Sussex FA headquarters at Culver Road, Lancing.

Thanks.

Historic: C01eeCSWQAAt9xU.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I can remember going to the Saffrons to watch our youths play Eastbourne for the Roy Hayden Trophy. Maybe it's change of name means change of venue.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I can remember going to the Saffrons to watch our youths play Eastbourne for the Roy Hayden Trophy. Maybe it's change of name means change of venue.

I'm thinking that Culver Road has been developed significantly in recent seasons to the point that the Sussex FA feel it can play host to a "showpiece" fixture such as this. I'm not sure that was the case in the past. However, I could be completely wrong on that.

I must admit, I have no idea how the venue for the fixture was selected in earlier seasons (I do know that it was held at Culver Road when Albion participated in 2011 and 2013).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm thinking that Culver Road has been developed significantly in recent seasons to the point that the Sussex FA feel it can play host to a "showpiece" fixture such as this. I'm not sure that was the case in the past. However, I could be completely wrong on that.

I must admit, I have no idea how the venue for the fixture was selected in earlier seasons (I do know that it was held at Culver Road when Albion participated in 2011 and 2013).

You're probably right, as Tommy Elphick was the captain for that game, so quite a while ago.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The tackle on Alzate for the penalty looks 'robust' :thumbsup:

There were a few robust tackles going in, and not all by Shoreham either!! It was actually a very entertaining game with Alzate, Tyler Forbes and James Tilly the standout players for the Development Squad but in fairness they all played well against fairly mediocre opposition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here