Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] U21s v Derby tonight..no stream?

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
this especially when we are taking thousands of expectant fans…

we must go for it.
Absolutely this. Not to mention 5 days later we have Soton. The first 11-15 need some minutes. This is a perfect opportunity for that.
We put out a very strong team at Arsenal, I can’t see us doing that to then risk it at Charlton, we’re a win and a favourable draw away from the semis.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Oh dear, if true. Whenever this happens, I just think, 'Aston Villa' and their triumphalism (based on ignorance) when they overcame our 'kids and reserves XI'.
Don't want that at Charlton.
I'm not saying "play 11 reserves like against Villa" (not that GP had much of a choice in that game with a bunch of players sick/injured and a PL game three days later) but a couple of young ones in the starting eleven and a few of the bench... no problem.
Yes, I know - stll don't like fielding weakened teams though. Not too much weakened, anyway.
Well unfortunately for you there is a policy in the club to try to develop young players and if they're not going to get a taste of playing for the Brighton first team in this game, then when?
this especially when we are taking thousands of expectant fans…

we must go for it.
Surely will go for it. Giving players like Ferguson, Turns and Moran some game time against a bottom team in League One with six winless games in a row doesn't mean "not going for it".

Some of the young players have done well in the past against Championship opposition. There is no reason to cowardly go for the strongest eleven in this super chance to give the younger players some game time.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm not saying "play 11 reserves like against Villa" (not that GP had much of a choice in that game with a bunch of players sick/injured and a PL game three days later) but a couple of young ones in the starting eleven and a few of the bench... no problem.

Well unfortunately for you there is a policy in the club to try to develop young players and if they're not going to get a taste of playing for the Brighton first team in this game, then when?
They may well ge a taste of playing for a first team soon - on loan!

Putting a couple of youngsters in is fine - if you get it right (and you'd do well to remember that our youngsters results in the Papa John's trophy against lower league sides have been poor) it's fine - but if you don't you're out on your arse and it's embarrassing - and Villa is only an example - we've got plenty of history for this long before you and Potter ramped up here.

There's players we could have played to strengthen the team against Derby today who won't be playing against Charlton anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here