Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

U21s at Middlesbrough this afternoon

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Didn't Jake Forster-Caskey start for the first team when he was 18?

He made is debut as a 16 year old but I don't think that matters. Playing young is no guarantee of being good, neither is not playing. Plus goalkeepers tend to peak a lot later than outfield players.

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
He made is debut as a 16 year old but I don't think that matters. Playing young is no guarantee of being good, neither is not playing. Plus goalkeepers tend to peak a lot later than outfield players.

So why play JFC when he was 16 when there's no guarantee of being any good. Why bother playing any of our youngsters then?

Dec 29, 2011

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So why play JFC when he was 16 when there's no guarantee of being any good. Why bother playing any of our youngsters then?

Nothing wrong with giving a youngster a try to see how he copes. Sadly, not all talented youngsters develop into brilliant players.

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
Nothing wrong with giving a youngster a try to see how he copes. Sadly, not all talented youngsters develop into brilliant players.

So how else are we going to find out if Walton is any good. He might as well leave if Arsenal want him as he'll get better coaching with them and they might send him out on loan but got to be better than here if he doesn't get a chance.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003

I'm not saying don't give them a chance to play. I'm saying you can't write someone off just because they haven't been given a chance yet. Just because he's been overlooked for this evening doesn't mean he's not very good.

Solly March made his debut last season aged 19.. is he no good because he didn't play a cup game for us when he was 16/17/18?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm not saying don't give them a chance to play. I'm saying you can't write someone off just because they haven't been given a chance yet.
But being 18 years old, Walton could only have 20 years left as a pro to prove himself.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
wow [MENTION=29828]Skylar[/MENTION] is really on it today

he's 18, he's good, Hyppia may also want to use the game as an effort to play the same team, so they get used to each other?

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
I'm not saying don't give them a chance to play. I'm saying you can't write someone off just because they haven't been given a chance yet. Just because he's been overlooked for this evening doesn't mean he's not very good.

Solly March made his debut last season aged 19.. is he no good because he didn't play a cup game for us when he was 16/17/18?

Oh well. If Walton gets better offers elsewhere and decides to leave then I wouldn't blame him. And if he did then you'd get people saying we should of given him a chance or at least played him in Micky mouse cup. Never mind, I look forward to seeing custard flapperman playing or on the bench instead.

Have a nice day.

Dec 29, 2011
Oh well. If Walton gets better offers elsewhere and decides to leave then I wouldn't blame him. And if he did then you'd get people saying we should of given him a chance or at least played him in Micky mouse cup. Never mind, I look forward to seeing custard flapperman playing or on the bench instead.

Have a nice day.

So you think he'd move to Arsenal to get more first team chances? :lol:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003

Have a nice day.

He wouldn't be first team at Arsenal. He may not even be first choice goalkeeper for their U21's.

He can go out on loan and get experience at Arsenal or Brighton, so that makes no difference either.

He's just signed a 4 year contract. He can't just up and leave. I reckon he might just get a chance in the next 4 years to show us what he can do.. and he'll still only be 22 at the end of it, which would still be young for a goalkeeper. Maksimenko's 24 this year and he has what, 3 senior appearances to his name for us? :D

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Bv9ltAYIAAAIR5u.jpg

Just gone 1-0 down. Not sure who Jason David on the bench is.

All English 11 ???

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
It may be that Sami is trying to take the cup games more seriously than either Poyet or Garcia did, judging by the side he put out against Cheltenham. Of course it may all go wrong, with injuries being picked up, etc, or Swindon knocking us out, but perhaps he/Bloom are hoping for a plum tie in Round 3. You'd normally only put fringe players in if you weren't that bothered about the result.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
So how else are we going to find out if Walton is any good. He might as well leave if Arsenal want him as he'll get better coaching with them and they might send him out on loan but got to be better than here if he doesn't get a chance.

Haven't you seen him play? oh, and why should he get better coaching at Arsenal?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here