Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

U21 Vs Arsenal

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Much of the hype came from the Club and The Argus which raised expectations among many supporters, as you've said.
I believe he didn't have a future with Madrid as the 'C Team' was going to cease to exist, if I remember correctly.

I'm not writing him off yet by any means, but as far as I can see (highlights and reports), he's not standing out among his fellow U21's.
Illustrates how fine the lines are in player development and career achievement. His footballing "CV" screams potential but will it be realised? Apparently not been a good few months for him.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Though I agree to an extent, I do believe it's harsh to judge us on our first season at this level. The players aren't used to playing at this level, and we're slowly bringing in better players. The fact Tilley scored suggests we are playing very young players. A result at Arsenal, who have players like Wellbeck starting, also isn't a fair reflection on the progress

Getting a thumping from Arsenal isnt something to base too much of an opinion on, but for accuracy it is not our first season and the players have only known this level, so I am not sure why 'they arent used to it' and the 'bringing in better players' are already here and playing in the team so no obvious impact whatsoever, Tilly and Mulomby were the only youth team players whilst all the others were professionals whereas Arsenal were full of 17 & 18 years olds.

For me it is an absolute example that we arent bringing in kids that otherwise would go to the top teams we are bringing in like for like but just from further afield and your falling for it ..........................

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
I remember watching the home game at The Amex a few months ago and noted Kristian Bielik of Arsenal to be class above everyone that evening. Bielik scored that night and scored again today. Sounds like he's a massive Wenger project for the future.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Have you ever seen him play?
I have and he does look shit(at the moment) Regularly subbed first. I'm hoping it's because he is behind everyone in terms of fitness and match sharpness because he is poor along with the two black strikers we have.

I went to a few games last year and i have to say that question marks should be over Rusk. From what i have witnessed we have gone backwards. Even Tiley doesn't look anything special. Walton the same. Not one player looks anywhere near first team action.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I remember watching the home game at The Amex a few months ago and noted Kristian Bielik of Arsenal to be class above everyone that evening. Bielik scored that night and scored again today. Sounds like he's a massive Wenger project for the future.

The Arsenal goals in November were scored by Ben Sheaf and Donyell Malen; his goal yesterday was his first for the Gunners.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Though I agree to an extent, I do believe it's harsh to judge us on our first season at this level. The players aren't used to playing at this level, and we're slowly bringing in better players. The fact Tilley scored suggests we are playing very young players. A result at Arsenal, who have players like Wellbeck starting, also isn't a fair reflection on the progress

It is Albion's second season at this level.

Arsenal's first goal (after two minutes) was scored by Reiss Nelson. He then set up Bielik for the second, and Mavididi for the third....after seventeen minutes.

Reiss Nelson was 16 in December; he doesn't start his scholarship until next summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here