Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] U21 v newcastle

Dun Lurkin

Feb 20, 2023
In the absence of a thread I am reporting that we are losing 1-0 at HT. Geordies seem more up for it than us. Our passing not up to usual standard and we are being pressed at pace. Cahill has made several good saves to keep score down. We have only had a few breakaway attempts which have so far one go nought. Hoping for a better second half.

Dun Lurkin

Feb 20, 2023
We were much more progressive in second half although couldn't score until the very end. B-B did hit the post though. Final ball in often wayward. A lot more composure required.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
In the absence of a thread I am reporting that we are losing 1-0 at HT. Geordies seem more up for it than us. Our passing not up to usual standard and we are being pressed at pace. Cahill has made several good saves to keep score down. We have only had a few breakaway attempts which have so far one go nought. Hoping for a better second half.
Thank you for the heads up. Like many others, I suspect, I had no idea an U21 match was even happening. For some reason the club is making very lttle publicity about the U21 matches this season - even the matchday 'commentary' (if indeed there is one - and the inverted commas are definitely needed round the word!) hardly tells us anything. And of course, time after time scheduling these matches for a day when there is PL football happening somewhere does nothing to help keeping us fans in the loop.
Even if they can't stream the games, could they not provide an audio commentry? If cost is an issue, I'm sure they could find plenty of fans willing to give it a go, for free!

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
Thank you for the heads up. Like many others, I suspect, I had no idea an U21 match was even happening. For some reason the club is making very lttle publicity about the U21 matches this season - even the matchday 'commentary' (if indeed there is one - and the inverted commas are definitely needed round the word!) hardly tells us anything. And of course, time after time scheduling these matches for a day when there is PL football happening somewhere does nothing to help keeping us fans in the loop.
Even if they can't stream the games, could they not provide an audio commentry? If cost is an issue, I'm sure they could find plenty of fans willing to give it a go, for free!
Maybe they don't want people watching our U21s?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here