U20 World Cup Semi Final England v Italy

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Can't believe this, just shows something isn't right with our game

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Can't believe this, just shows something isn't right with our game

I assume you mean why isnt this success replicated in the senior side, I am not sure thats quite the right way of looking at it, development and any associated successes start at the younger age groups and should if possible progress up the age tiers.

I have to say that I can at times be quite critical of Academy's, but whatever they are doing with this group of players hats off, they were superb, I guess the next step is to get these players playing with their club in the first team at the top level.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I assume you mean why isnt this success replicated in the senior side, I am not sure thats quite the right way of looking at it, development and any associated successes start at the younger age groups and should if possible progress up the age tiers.

I have to say that I can at times be quite critical of Academy's, but whatever they are doing with this group of players hats off, they were superb, I guess the next step is to get these players playing with their club in the first team at the top level.

In Koeman we trust.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Alas, this is where it all falls down.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
They have finally started taking youth tournaments seriously and sending our best teams rather than what the clubs don't want. Coaching via the Academy's is better although still has a way to go and it's a good group of players...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here