Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

U turn on poppy

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
So our boys WILL be allowed to wear the poppy on black arm bands on Saturday ..... & rightly so

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
They always were. They are still not allowed to display them on their shirts, nothing has changed.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
No they wasnt they were not allowed to wear the poppy during the 90mins game at all :facepalm:

The fa we would wear them on our arms, fifa said that was ok. No u turn, we were still denied the opportunity to have the poppies on our shirts like we wanted.

Last edited:

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I can barely understand any of these last few posts - the grammar is bloody disgraceful.

sort it out :)

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
The fa we would wear them on our arms, fifa said that was ok. No u turn, we were still denied the opportunity to have the poppies on our shirts like we wanted.

Well that's the first Ive heard of it being suggested before now & if that is the case then I don't see what the problem was

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
So my 'matchworn' shirt with the Poppy sewn in is alright then...bollox,if it can be worn at a league match it can be worn at internationals...yes,yes I know that it is different because the FA was allowing that match and FIFA have control of this friendly...but lets take control of our game!!

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I can barely understand any of these last few posts - the grammar is bloody disgraceful.

sort it out :)

very much this...

No they wasnt they were not allowed to wear the poppy during the 90mins game at all :facepalm:

why didnt they thought of that before hand !

:facepalm:

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
It would have been better if England could have had a similar poppy emblem to the one on Albion shirts, but this is better than nothing.

That said all this kerfuffle has been great for The Royal British Legion, as the amount of free PR they have gained will help their fund raising no-end.

And best of all for an Albion fan, our club have been fantastic in helping the Legion this year.

TB

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I think the FA shoul,d have grown some balls and just we are going to wear the poppy end of. What could FIFA do the most they could do is to fine them?

Well as explained in other threads and most news programmes, they had instructed the referee to abandon the game. Not sure that would reflect especially well on England.

I find this whole self righteous huff about the poppies pretty hilarious.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This story just goes to show what a bunch of twats the FA are. They knew the FIFA rules and walked straight into this mess, they could have pre-empted this by offering the armband solution in the first place - it was common sense. Now a sizeable minority of England fans think the FA is weak because they didn't play with the poppy on the shirt.

I turn on the news and see Cameron and Prince William have got involved, what a waste of everybody's time. I mean what IS the problem with the armband solution?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
FIFA = CORRUPT ORGANISATION
SEPP BLATTER = CORRUPT TWAT
MICHEL PLATINI = CORRUPT TWAT
And these are the wankers that said our lads cant wear Poppy's on their shirts in the first place !! BOLLOCKS TO ALL OF THEM !

Listen Bladders if it wasn't for the brave men and women who laid /lay down their lives for pricks like you then you wouldn't even have the overpaid trough snuffling job you have and we would all have pictures of Hitler or Hussein on every street corner.
RANT OVER !!

THANK YOU TO ALL OUR SERVICES PERSONELL PAST AND PRESENT WE OWE YOU A DEBT WE CAN NEVER EVER PAY !!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here