Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] U-23's retain/release announcement

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Under-23s retained and released list confirmed

Somewhat surprised that Danny Cashman and Stefan Vukoje have been released. It has already been mentioned on here that Gwargis was on his way, goalkeeper Roco Rees is surplus to requirements and you have to feel sorry for Kipras Kazukolovas who hasn't played since September 9 2017 due to an ACL injury that required three surgeries. His four-year spell at Albion saw him make two starts and only three appearances in total.

Pleased to see Kipras Kazukolovas get some action for the Lithuanian U-21s in a 2-0 victory over Estonia yesterday - LIETUVOS VAIKINŲ U-21 RINKTINĖ NUGALĖJO ESTUS

[Incidentally, my comment about him not seeing any action since September 2017 was wrong - I somehow mentally blocked out the fact that he played a handful of matches for the U-18s at the end of the 2018-19 season, had 45 minutes for the Lithuanian U-21s in June 2019, and also played in a couple of pre-season friendlies in July 2019 (before further ACL surgery). Still, I hope he has a playing future after what must have been a nightmarish and incredibly frustrating four years].

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Sorry, just popped this on a new thread before I saw your comments. Mind you, think it's worth a thread of it's own - a lot of us will think he's a potential signing:)

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Also Toby Bull, Ben Jackson and Leigh Kavanagh I've seen posted on their instagrams confirmation of signing their professional contracts this evening. Wonder if we will see anything on the club website soon.

It’s weird isn’t it? Some of us really want to know about these things.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I'm surprised that there wasn't a mention in that article of Jack Wakely, who has been on loan from Chelsea. I assume that implies he won't be offered a deal*.

*Awaits article to appear on the club website in the next five minutes announcing his signature on a three-year deal.

Jack Wakely has signed a two-year deal at Wycombe:-

[TWEET]1420699724030648320[/TWEET]

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm not aware we have offered him a contract, unless you know different.
Neither am I. Looking at it from the player's possible viewpoint. Come to Brighton - probably not as a first teamer at first, the likely prospect being PL2 and a loan out - or go to Wycombe Wanderers in League 1, where he might have reasonable expectations of a first team place.

Just speculating as to why he might have chosen Wycombe rather than us (if, of course, he actually had the choice).

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Cashman signed by Coventry and loaned straight to Rochdale

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here