Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] U-23's pre-season friendly v Sutton United, Thursday morning, training ground; live stream

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
just turned on, 3 mins of us keeping hte ball and looking like brazil but then made a mistake and nearly puniched.

Think these will fit in well

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A much better start to this second half from the Albion, lots of changes made by Sutton at h/t judging by the high squad numbers on some of these shirts.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
A much better start to this second half from the Albion, lots of changes made by Sutton at h/t judging by the high squad numbers on some of these shirts.

Until one of the worst 'pass it out from the back' goals conceded for a long time.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Jesus Christ, McGill passes it straight to their guy who hits it first time into the empty net.

This has been a masterclass in how to press a team that plays out from the back.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yep. our No. 14 first to the ball but their striker still gets his foot round to score, keeper nowhere.

All started when our No. 17 dived in off his feet and let their left-back have 20 yards and time to whip in a dangerous cross.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Really does show the difference between the Football league and U23 leagues. Explains why we've yet to do anything in the Pizza trophy or whatever it's called these days.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Unchallenged header from a corner. Not the sort of thing they'll often face in under-23 football. but that's why I consider it a poor preparation for the real thing. Too much emphasis on tiki-taka and not enough real-world stuff.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
0-6. Corner from the left floated onto the head of their striker who scores unchallenged from 4 yards out. I don't think any of our defenders - keeper included - even moved. Men against boys.

This fixture might have seemed a good idea 5 or 6 weeks ago but we are looking like a demoralised and well-beaten side.

However, it will be good for them in the long run I suppose. We've really shown very little going forward since Moran went off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here