Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] U-23 player profiles: Owen Moore (feedback requested)

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Please carry on
These articles are extremely interesting and informative
Thanks for all your hard work

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I enjoyed reading that. Any further profiles would be greatly appreciated.
I recall reading in Garry Nelson's book a horrendous statistic I think which quoted the very low percentage that after being signed as professionals at 18 are still on the books at 21.
With a conveyor belt of young players emerging every season and also with young players now being brought from overseas clubs the odds of actually breaking into the first team squad must be tiny.
I think we only have two Albion youngsters (Dunk and March) in our squad out of a huge total that have been on the books in the past several years.
Does anyone have any statistics of the percentage of young men that make it as professional footballers in a given timescale? (say, still playing professionally at 25?)

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I wonder if Owen Moore would have been making his first-team debut this evening, if he hadn't been injured against Spurs on Friday? I suppose that Will Collar and Ben Barclay should be the next ones on my to-do list....

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I wonder if Owen Moore would have been making his first-team debut this evening, if he hadn't been injured against Spurs on Friday? I suppose that Will Collar and Ben Barclay should be the next ones on my to-do list....

Another quote for your upcoming court case.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Very interested in more of these thanks!

Especially any on the English lads we have as there is often more info out there on the foreign ones we bring in I find.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here