Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

U-21's at Hatings tonight

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Ok, just back from the game. Brief report, slightly beer influenced, possibly, from a nice evening spent watching the game with a few pints from the bar terrace at The Pilot Field.

I neglected to take a pen to take the numbers from the tannoy announcements so couldn't quite work out the players from the team sheets that had no numbers on the line ups.

Hambo definitely started (number 9) and scored our first from a nicely taken header from acres of space inside the Hastings 18 yrd box from a set piece. He went off before half time due to a minor knock I think.

1st half - Hastings never troubled The Albion and barely got out of their own half. Hastings keeper made a couple of decent 1 on 1 saves and looked really good. Albion stroked the ball around nicely and had chances to be a few up at half time.

2nd half - Albion had a completely different starting 11, possibly brining on Ben Hall, but not sure as tannoy announcements went awol. Passing with much more purpose here and it eventually paid off with a superb 2nd goal. Harper ( I think) showed great skill from the left hand side to create an opening followed by a beautiful 360 turn and slot home with great composure. I wonder if the original Hastings keeper ( by now subbed) might have done better, but superb goal nonetheless.

Albion's 3rd goal came from a lovely long range effort that had the keeper beaten all ends up and looped into the goal with fine style. All in all, a very pleasant evening out, and despite the weaker opposition from Hastings United compared to the pre season a couple of seasons ago, on this showing the future for the Albion development squad looks bright. We played some nice football and stroked it about a treat. Very enjoyable game to watch.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Ok, just back from the game. Brief report, slightly beer influenced, possibly, from a nice evening spent watching the game with a few pints from the bar terrace at The Pilot Field.

I neglected to take a pen to take the numbers from the tannoy announcements so couldn't quite work out the players from the team sheets that had no numbers on the line ups.

Hambo definitely started (number 9) and scored our first from a nicely taken header from acres of space inside the Hastings 18 yrd box from a set piece. He went off before half time due to a minor knock I think.

1st half - Hastings never troubled The Albion and barely got out of their own half. Hastings keeper made a couple of decent 1 on 1 saves and looked really good. Albion stroked the ball around nicely and had chances to be a few up at half time.

2nd half - Albion had a completely different starting 11, possibly brining on Ben Hall, but not sure as tannoy announcements went awol. Passing with much more purpose here and it eventually paid off with a superb 2nd goal. Harper ( I think) showed great skill from the left hand side to create an opening followed by a beautiful 360 turn and slot home with great composure. I wonder if the original Hastings keeper ( by now subbed) might have done better, but superb goal nonetheless.

Albion's 3rd goal came from a lovely long range effort that had the keeper beaten all ends up and looped into the goal with fine style. All in all, a very pleasant evening out, and despite the weaker opposition from Hastings United compared to the pre season a couple of seasons ago, on this showing the future for the Albion development squad looks bright. We played some nice football and stroked it about a treat. Very enjoyable game to watch.

Any idea how Sam Cole played for Hastings? Prob left mid....

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Any idea how Sam Cole played for Hastings? Prob left mid....

To be honest the only player that really stood out for Hastings was the keeper that played in the 1st half and a bit of the second. The game was pretty much all Albion.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
To be honest the only player that really stood out for Hastings was the keeper that played in the 1st half and a bit of the second. The game was pretty much all Albion.

That keeper is Joe Taylor. He's actually a local (Brighton) lad. His dad was also a goalkeeper, for Southwick and Shoreham. Joe lived in New Zealand for 6 years and was involved in their 2013 U-17 World Cup qualifying campaign. He was a scholar at Brentford for two years, got released, and then joined Fleetwood Town's new development squad (at the same time as our new signing, Tyler Forbes).

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
He was number 3 on the teamsheet, suggesting he played at left-back.

Hello again AZ.

Re: your PM for the teamsheet. Tracked one down for you, having neglected to take one home on the night.

I can't seem to add pics via PM so putting them up here instead. If you can't get them off here and you, or anyone else, knows how to attach them via PM then let me know and I'll do that as well. Alternatively, PM me your email address if you like and I'll send them that way. Anyway, here they are for now.

20160715_081041.jpg
20160715_081435.jpg
20160715_081241.jpg

Apologies for the huge image size on here. I can't seem to do anything about that.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Hello again AZ.

Re: your PM for the teamsheet. Tracked one down for you, having neglected to take one home on the night.

I can't seem to add pics via PM so putting them up here instead. If you can't get them off here and you, or anyone else, knows how to attach them via PM then let me know and I'll do that as well. Alternatively, PM me your email address if you like and I'll send them that way. Anyway, here they are for now.

Apologies for the huge image size on here. I can't seem to do anything about that.

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. I am very grateful.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. I am very grateful.

No worries. As it happens a work mate's husband is a proper U's fan and so managed to retrieve his copy from their recycle bin for me :)

Hats off to yourself for all your archiving. Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here