Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Tyrone Mings

D

Deleted member 2719

[tweet]1372502743634558976[/tweet]

I would love to agree but the other stats say that mings shade it.

But then you can argue that has Mings got another dominate defender beside him???

Mings is more of a hoof man. Southgate obviously likes that.

Attachments

• Dunky v Mings.PNG
    Dunky v Mings.PNG
    71.6 KB · Views: 139

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Has [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] arrived on this thread to post the equivalent of

So Excited

:smile:

3 competitive qualifiers ahead of the rearranged Euros - Lingard and Stones deservedly back - Poland will be a proper test - Brand new qualifying campaign about to start for a World Cup - what’s not to like?

That said, I think it’s ridiculous playing internationals in the midst of Covid. And Lewis Dunk is 10 times the player Mings is I agree. But can only support who’s selected by the manager.

Ps - I avoid England threads on NSC and I’ve only just remembered, but I’ve written it now :lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I would love to agree but the other stats say that mings shade it.

But then you can argue that has Mings got another dominate defender beside him???

Mings is more of a hoof man. Southgate obviously likes that.

So many reasons why those stats on the whole mean absolutely nothing, but sure people can work that out for themselves.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
3 competitive qualifiers ahead of the rearranged Euros - Lingard and Stones deservedly back - Poland will be a proper test - Brand new qualifying campaign about to start for a World Cup - what’s not to like?

That said, I think it’s ridiculous playing internationals in the midst of Covid. And Lewis Dunk is 10 times the player Mings is I agree. But can only support who’s selected by the manager.

Ps - I avoid England threads on NSC and I’ve only just remembered, but I’ve written it now :lol:

I’m not knocking Sheebo but I really do not feel any connection to England so I’m out but each to their own :thumbsup:

I will be supporting Poland if our lads are playing

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Could have been worse. There was quite some talk of Luke Ayling being picked, which really would have taken the biscuit. Granted, the bloke has had a good season, but he's part of the fifth worst defence in the Premier League (and that behind a team who conceded nine in a single game), and has made far too many mistakes to even be under consideration. He was in no-mans land when Maupay scored against them.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Could have been worse. There was quite some talk of Luke Ayling being picked, which really would have taken the biscuit. Granted, the bloke has had a good season, but he's part of the fifth worst defence in the Premier League (and that behind a team who conceded nine in a single game), and has made far too many mistakes to even be under consideration. He was in no-mans land when Maupay scored against them.

Ah yes, no-man's land - the position that Tyrone Mings has also made his very own. Almost every time Villa concede a goal, Mings is in a sort of limbo, staying out of the way of any opponents and basically marking empty space. But he fits the profile of the sort of player Southgate likes - pose first, defend second. John Stones was the prototype, but he has finally learned to defend a bit. I fear for England if we need to pick Mings in a game that matters.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
lost all interest in England to be honest , Southgate instills the same feelings in me as those i experienced whilst waiting for my pica prep to kick in , in fact if anything the later was more exciting.

i feel sorry for LD though as he clearly merits a spot , i guess Rashford turning him inside out at training camp has really stuck , just like the boys club mentality of the Lampard /Gerrard era......**** em.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Villa supporting relative says he's like a rolls Royce, if anything he switches off from time to time because it all gets a bit too easy for him. Reckons Konsa and him will be th England centre half pairing for years to come.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
lost all interest in England to be honest , Southgate instills the same feelings in me as those i experienced whilst waiting for my pica prep to kick in , in fact if anything the later was more exciting.

i feel sorry for LD though as he clearly merits a spot , i guess Rashford turning him inside out at training camp has really stuck , just like the boys club mentality of the Lampard /Gerrard era......**** em.

An England squad full of followers rather than leaders, perfectly mirroring their manager, who is the inoffensive type that the FA suits all love. Personally I'm happy that Dunk and White have some time to rest and recharge their batteries, which is much more important.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Pleasing to see the England knockers out in force.

Last tournament - Semi finals

Euros - genuine chance

Hope they stay away if something special happens in the summer

We played 7 games at the World Cup. England lost 3, drew with Colombia and beat Panama, Tunisia and Sweden. Forgive me for not getting too over excited.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Villa supporting relative says he's like a rolls Royce, if anything he switches off from time to time because it all gets a bit too easy for him. Reckons Konsa and him will be th England centre half pairing for years to come.

Interesting, my Villa supporting relatives acknowledge that he’s gash and Konsa is the better player by some distance.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Happy our players get to rest but if you really had to pick 6 CBs for an England squad that might play 3 at the back then I think Stones and Maguire get in on reputation and experience but then you take two from Burnley and two from Brighton! Given Webster’s injury if you’re looking to temporarily draft in a hybrid player who can also play in midfield then White beats out Dier. As others have said for a pure CB Konsa beats Mings, Dier or on current form only then even Coady who has shown previously he should be in the conversation.

Don’t get me started on Walker as a CB either! It’s not like we’re bereft of options at CB and plugging a player of the quality of TAA or Lamptey into the squad for no reason as a result.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
An England squad full of followers rather than leaders, perfectly mirroring their manager, who is the inoffensive type that the FA suits all love. Personally I'm happy that Dunk and White have some time to rest and recharge their batteries, which is much more important.

The last sentence is spot on. We are in an absolutely crucial stage of the season and are missing at least one centre back long term and with Burn possibly having a tight hamstring. NSC has spent much of the season discussing the trope that we have too many centre backs. Losing one of those two on international duty, however would put us below the "bare bones" threshold.

As for bland players following a bland coach, well I think you're spot on there too (though, obviously, you have actual experience of reporting from the England camp, whereas I simply get that feeling from his interviews and the players he picks). But is it a model we're following? On the face of it we have a calm coach and no dickheads policy that make us stand out from the crowd, but it's clear that Ashworth et al are following the Team England model. Are we in danger of being Beige Brighton, something that some allude to on here regarding lacking in leadership and passion at times?

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
No I thought about this and I still don't understand how Mings gets picked for England, he would struggle to get in the Scotland team

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here