Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tyler Forbes

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I think this guy is strictly u21s at present, I see us signing another centre half that can play full back still.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Good luck to Tyler.

Surprised we didn't get a left back, as without Calde and Chicksen we have less cover this season, but nevertheless it's good to get a 4th fullback in.

Are you BG in disguise? :lolol:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Good luck to Tyler.

Surprised we didn't get a left back, as without Calde and Chicksen we have less cover this season, but nevertheless it's good to get a 4th fullback in.

We have two left backs: Bong and Rosenior. Anyone who thinks we should have more than two players for every position is living in cloud cuckoo land. Left back is covered - at right back we need back up for Bruno. If that is young Tyler, then good luck to him. Turn out like Goldson and you too could become an Albion legend, son!

if Forbes isnt in the tea due to the form of Conor McLaughlin.... why dont we just sign McLaughlin...

Maybe, just maybe the recruitment team, the coaching staff and CH think Tyler is the better long term prospect. After last season I think we should all give them some credit that they know what they are doing.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Maybe, just maybe the recruitment team, the coaching staff and CH think Tyler is the better long term prospect. After last season I think we should all give them some credit that they know what they are doing.

This...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Surprised we haven't bid for the Walsall left back, the 'new Ashley Cole', Rico Henry, who seems to be getting a lot of interest.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Forbes signing on the dotted line in the next few days according to the Argus.
Don't expect to see much of him this year as I think we will perm 2 from 3 with Bruno, Bong & Rosenior but hopefully the scouts have got it right and he is our next generation.
Still wouldn't be surprised that we might bring Ridgewell back on a permanent deal in late August if Portland don't progress in post-season, or otherwise in January.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Perhaps we would have done had we needed a left back . . . but we don't.
By that thinking we don't need a right back either.

We have Bruno ( right ), Bong ( left ), Rosenior ( right or left ).

Why do we need a right back more than a left back ?

Especially as Goldson can play right back as well.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey

Why do we need a right back more than a left back ?

Especially as Goldson can play right back as well.
I can't see Goldson playing as an overlapping full back. Great defender but his distribution needs to improve.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

But we do need two or each position; even if they are versatile and can play either side, we still need four full backs.

FWIW, I see Rosenior as more of a left back - he's played a large part of his career there - and let's face it, on last season's showing, he's bl**dy good there. So it's a right back to back up Bruno for me - and whoever he is, he needs to be ready to step up at any time; Bruno played almost every minute of our league games last season - it's expecting a lot to expect him to be able to repeat that this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here