Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Two up front tonight ?

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Wigan for one, with Rodriguez and Lopez supporting Ulloa.

No, no, thats not three up front, Dave is not a striker and Rodrigeuz was susbstituted. We clearly play with just Ulloa up front, who at times struggles to hold the ball up and then has no one to play the ball to. WE do not play anymore than one up front, the last time I saw a us play two up front was against Huddersfield last year when we played Ulloa and CMS as a sub and scored three goals when they were on the field together.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Slightly embarrassed to say was actually having a dream last night amid all the usual sex fantasies about Oscar switching to two up front. Both strikers were Mark Gall for some reason.

You have sexual fantasies about Oscar switching to 2 up front?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
No, no, thats not three up front, Dave is not a striker and Rodrigeuz was susbstituted. We clearly play with just Ulloa up front, who at times struggles to hold the ball up and then has no one to play the ball to. WE do not play anymore than one up front, the last time I saw a us play two up front was against Huddersfield last year when we played Ulloa and CMS as a sub and scored three goals when they were on the field together.

If that's what you think, then fine. I have a different opinion. When Liverpool play Sturridge, Suarez and Sterling as a front 3 (for the times I've seen them on tv) do you not include Sterling as he's not a striker?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If that's what you think, then fine. I have a different opinion. When Liverpool play Sturridge, Suarez and Sterling as a front 3 (for the times I've seen them on tv) do you not include Sterling as he's not a striker?

And there it is. All 3 of them have pace and guile. We MUST NOT play Slopez in our front 3. EVER.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
There is no point in playing 2 up front if we lose the midfield battle and the game.

I see it as more an issue of getting support up to Ulloa quickly enough and having a bit of pace and width. I see Buckley as the key in a big game like this and do hope he starts.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Much as I do not agree with a standard 4 - 4 - 2 I can see the logic of putting Buckley up against their weakest defender Essou Ekotou, who although experienced is a liability. Their obvious strength Is the midfield of Morrison Kranjaer(sp) Barton and Jenas

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
And there it is. All 3 of them have pace and guile. We MUST NOT play Slopez in our front 3. EVER.

Do actually agree with you here (once in a blue moon and all that). Lopez has to play CENTRAL if at all.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
There is no point in playing 2 up front if we lose the midfield battle and the game.

I see it as more an issue of getting support up to Ulloa quickly enough and having a bit of pace and width. I see Buckley as the key in a big game like this and do hope he starts.

I thought after the first Hull game that they were susceptable to the counter as I saw ther defenders as slow, I was amazed with the team put out that night, no pace what so ever. I wonder sometimes what our coaches see in teams and whether they really have a strategy.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The ideal scenario is 451 defending and 433 attacking. I'd rather that (working properly) than an inflexible, immobile 442 any day.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Do actually agree with you here (once in a blue moon and all that). Lopez has to play CENTRAL if at all.

Yes, couldn't agree more. Adding that I would play Orlandi over Slopez if both are fit.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
The ideal scenario is 451 defending and 433 attacking. I'd rather that (working properly) than an inflexible, immobile 442 any day.

This is what suits our players. I believe that one of the main reasons that we concede so few is that we have a very solid if unspectacular midfield unit. The problem we have largely yet to overcome is the midfield pushing forward effectively and appearing on the scoresheet. Stephens was a positive signing and when Crofts comes back there should be improvement. We need Buckley to start hitting the target.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This is what suits our players. I believe that one of the main reasons that we concede so few is that we have a very solid if unspectacular midfield unit. The problem we have largely yet to overcome is the midfield pushing forward effectively and appearing on the scoresheet. Stephens was a positive signing and when Crofts comes back there should be improvement. We need Buckley to start hitting the target.

We were as good going forward as going back we'd be pretty unstoppable.

geniarse

Jan 2, 2012
I skimmed the forum first and thought this read "Twos up for tonight?"

Thought I'd arrived at another 'alternative' chat room! Lol

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here