Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Two tickets for the Leeds game £84.00 !!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
How can anyone argue that that amount isn't an awful lot for football at this level?

It is. However the tickets available on general sale for the ESU sell out for nearly every game. I people are prepared to pay that then the price isn't going to be reduced.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Do you think £42 is cheap then? Or is this a joke/trick question?
£42 is far too expensive for this league and for an evening match.

It is far far too expensive.

Apologies if he previous post was worded wrongly.

I was making the point I don't understand how any fan could argue that that amount was reasonable.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Need clarification. Is the op saying he had a season ticket just in 1997?

Why is that particularly relevant ? £42 is far far too much for a game of football at this level ( possibly any level ). That's nearly our food budget for a week for a family of five !

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

I was making the point I don't understand how any fan could argue that that amount was reasonable.

No problem, I did read your post 4 times and I did think you had made a mistake.:thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I think most would agree its pricy. But there were significantly CHEAPER tickets available. Why buy the more expensive ones, then complain?

D

Deleted member 18477

I agree that £42 for any championship game is a ridiculous price.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
£42 for a home game, jeez that is seriously expensive even if you get a padded seat.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think most would agree its pricy. But there were significantly CHEAPER tickets available. Why buy the more expensive ones, then complain?

This is my view. If I want to go on holiday, I am happy to pay the £600 economy fare. I don't refuse to travel because there are more expensive seats for £2,000 in Club class. It's all about choices.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
My original post is clear enough, I am agreeing I was stupid, but £42 is too expensive for a second division game, in my opinion, you obviously can see the value that I cannot.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
£42 for a home game, jeez that is seriously expensive even if you get a padded seat.

At that price you should be able to take the seat home with you.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I was stupid, I was so excited to get tickets I just booked without looking at the price which for WSU is normally below £30 fair enough. I then realised, later, how much I had committed to. It just seems a lot is ESU that much different from WSU???

Yes. In fact it's the complete opposite!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I was stupid, I was so excited to get tickets I just booked without looking at the price which for WSU is normally below £30 fair enough. I then realised, later, how much I had committed to. It just seems a lot is ESU that much different from WSU???

Thanks for that but a good fan has just offered me his seats which I have kindly accepted. I know it seems moany but if promotion means I cannot afford to watch, I will be mentally screwed hoping we don't win!!

Have you actually paid the club £84 for 2 tickets or accepted tickets from the 'good fan' mentioned in the above post and paid him £84 ?
Sorry I'm a bit confused now.???

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Well excuse me but isn't this is just a bit rude. I normally book WSU and don't give the price a thought, £20-£30 is ok but having booked I thought What! How much? Is ESU that good?
How am I so mistaken, tell me why this is a good deal.
This is around the price I would expect to be paying if we were playing Man U in the Premiership. Not a second division game of has beens vs never beens.

I feel like I'm being ripped off, so unless it's a surprisingly fantastic experience I will now mainly go to away games. There is no seat in the Amex that's worth £42.00 in the second division.

Community Stadium? It's a richer community than I thought……………

seems steep..i am ESU..but st holder...i just wondered why u paid if u felt it was steep...or was it only after that u felt you had been mugged

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
As much as this does seem a lot, the club does try and make football affordable. The season ticket direct debit scheme is brilliant. The club don't get enough credit for that.

Also the cup game was superbly priced and kids ticket pricing is very good value.

There are also areas of the ground which are cheaper.

I dare say it could be by charging top dollar in some areas the club is able to keep prices for youngsters etc down.

It is a balancing act which the club seems to do quite well.

Is football too expensive these days? Of course it is. But that isn't the Albion's fault.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here