Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Two things that I've always wondered.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
1/ When a limb is amputated how is blood circulation achieved afterwards?
If vessels, veins etc are tied off then surely blood gets pumped down to a dead end?

2/Where do the hairs for badger-hair shaving brushes come from?
I've never seen a badger farm as far as I know.

Sorry, bored at work.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
With regards to point 1, your blood vessels are not just a bunch of straight cables going from A to B. They're an immeasurably complex network of capillaries that must reach almost every cell of the body. They can grow and adapt to changes in body structure. The blood will not hit a dead end; it will reach the cells that make up the stump of the limb, deliver O2 and nutrients to those cells and then take CO2 and other waste products away. Like an immensely complex web.

@HWT can probably clarify matters here 🙊

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
With regards to point 1, your blood vessels are not just a bunch of straight cables going from A to B. They're an immeasurably complex network of capillaries that must reach almost every cell of the body. They can grow and adapt to changes in body structure. The blood will not hit a dead end; it will reach the cells that make up the stump of the limb, deliver O2 and nutrients to those cells and then take CO2 and other waste products away. Like an immensely complex web.

@HWT can probably clarify matters here 🙊
Nanomachines. It’s nanomachines, isn’t it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here