Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Two seasons, 7 goals, 1 new Lamborghini Aventador.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
As a slight aside, I know two pubs in Portslade which have recently binned Sky Sports because of the crippling price, which apparently is £1,100 a month. Real chicken-and-egg situation, as without Sky, the replica shirt brigade turning up will dwindle massively (not entirely a bad thing), but those pubs that DO still invest in Sky really need those plastic arses on barstools to try and cover the costs just to make it worthwhile.

Personally I quite liked the soccerball as a bit of background down the local on a Sunday afternoon, as I flick though the paper and keep half an eye on my acca. Now I'll either traipse off somewhere else that's still got Sky, or stay at home and watch it. You'd think with the BILLIONS Sky rake in they'd make it a touch more affordable and give the boozers a bit more of a helping hand. £1,100 a month is outrageous.

Quite a few pubs in central Brighton have ditched it as well.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Quite a few pubs in central Brighton have ditched it as well.

Have Sky jacked up the commercial licence recently then ?? Seems to be something of a growing trend.

Sky (and ITV) have lost the Champions League coverage next season to BT Sports, who will have exclusive rights. Both the pubs I know still have so far retained BT, so they'll be getting some midweek evening punters for the CL next season. No idea what BT costs commercially, but I assume its a lot less than Sky.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Have Sky jacked up the commercial licence recently then ?? Seems to be something of a growing trend.

Sky (and ITV) have lost the Champions League coverage next season to BT Sports, who will have exclusive rights. Both the pubs I know still have so far retained BT, so they'll be getting some midweek evening punters for the CL next season. No idea what BT costs commercially, but I assume its a lot less than Sky.

I spoke to one of the managers at the font a while ago, they said they made more money without the football and its punters than without the football and less punters.

Also the type lf person that came through the doors has improved.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I spoke to one of the managers at the font a while ago, they said they made more money without the football and its punters than without the football and less punters.

Also the type lf person that came through the doors has improved.

More foreign tourist zone, they often have 800 in for many non England World Cup games, I'll wager they will still show them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here