Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Two more cases of football violence

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I've been saying exactly this to my colleagues all morning. Utterly LUDICROUS over-reaction to a bit of over exuberance from Villa fans and a grand total of two seats being broken in the West Brom end.

What POPPYCOCK. Won't anyone think about the children?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
really , plenty of people seem to want to get their points of view across on them, i'd call them stimulating, as for Wolves some of them got banged up for attacking the railway bell last season SOME ONE GOT A LUMP OF WOOD AROUND THEIR HEAD SO I HEARD :nono:
regards
DR

Don't think they've had the court case yet Das.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Unfortunately when you put tens of thousands of men, vast swathes of them thick as pig shit ( not all fans are decent, fun loving chaps like us lot) , then you play out what is essentially a weaponless battle in from of them and then put tens of thousands of the opposition fans in the same location, they will fight. It's a miracle it has calmed down to the level it has.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm sure this has probably been debated over the weekend, so apologies if this o=is old ground, but...

'Two more cases of football VIOLENCE'...'along with Villa'.

What violence was there at Villa, for heaven's sake?

The media over-reaction to a celebratory pitch invasion has been utterly ridiculous.

From the commentary team's "We don't want to see scenes like this", to Pulis' "mindless idiots", to one paper's reference to 'a return to the dark days of the 80's". Dark days of the 80's my ****ing ARSE.

In the earlier rounds, when the Warrington fans, then the Blyth fans swarmed on the pitch after famous wins, the very same commentators and media told us they were 'great scenes', 'magic of the cup', blah blah - then Villa fans do the same, and we are told it constitutes 'football violence'.

What a load of absolute bollocks.

I was thinking exactly the same. I can't (be arsed to) think of similar examples, but I'm pretty sure there are lots of other pitch invasions that are not treated with such distain.

Are PL teams banned from such behaviour? Is it because it wasn't considered a 'cup upset'?

theboybilly

It was my first visit to Molineux in December (I stayed overnight on the Friday) and had a great time spent in the company of new-found Wolves friends. I found a very decent pub near the ground before the game and wore my Albion scarf all the while. I didn't sense any threat during the whole couple of days but it has shocked me a little that what might have happened had I taken the Little's Lane route back to the railway station and not the much busier route through the centre of town. I really hope that Watford supporter makes a full and speedy recovery.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I'm sure this has probably been debated over the weekend, so apologies if this o=is old ground, but...

'Two more cases of football VIOLENCE'...'along with Villa'.

What violence was there at Villa, for heaven's sake?

The media over-reaction to a celebratory pitch invasion has been utterly ridiculous.

From the commentary team's "We don't want to see scenes like this", to Pulis' "mindless idiots", to one paper's reference to 'a return to the dark days of the 80's". Dark days of the 80's my ****ing ARSE.

In the earlier rounds, when the Warrington fans, then the Blyth fans swarmed on the pitch after famous wins, the very same commentators and media told us they were 'great scenes', 'magic of the cup', blah blah - then Villa fans do the same, and we are told it constitutes 'football violence'.

What a load of absolute bollocks.

Compared to 50 Rotterdam geezers attacking police & being given 6 months or £33k fines it was like the Queens Tea Party

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
Along with Villa:

Case one:

Players and club officials were attacked as violence erupted at the end of an FA Vase quarter final tie.

Saturday's game at Tadcaster Albion's i2i stadium in North Yorkshire saw visitors Highworth Town run out 1-0 winners.

Trouble flared at the end of the match with reports Highworth's chairman and goalkeeper were among those injured.

In a statement, Tadcaster officials said they were "devastated" by the "totally unacceptable" violence.

Meanwhile, the visitors from Wiltshire said the scenes were "regrettable and ruined what should have been a celebration of a magnificent achievement for Highworth Town".

The Tadcaster statement said: "We are devastated with the scenes at the end of yesterday's game.

"We will continue to work closely with the police, Highworth Town and the FA.

"We are determined to bring those responsible to account.

"As a club we apologise to everyone who witnessed and were on the receiving end of totally unacceptable behaviour.

Handbags

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9k35OFivNI

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
A 13-year-old boy has been arrested over an attack that left a Watford football fan critically ill after a match in Wolverhampton.

The youth, of East Park, Wolverhampton, was detained earlier, over the attack on Nick Cruwys, police said.

Mr Cruwys, 44, suffered head injuries in the attack in Littles Lane on Saturday, and remains in a critical but stable condition in hospital.

An 18-year-old held on Wednesday over the assault has been released on bail.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Surely nothing beats Ben Roberts at Stockport away when he ran 50 yards to the melee and dived straight in with a text book punch

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Surely nothing beats Ben Roberts at Stockport away when he ran 50 yards to the melee and dived straight in with a text book punch

I may have been at that game although I may be thinking of another - 1-1 and Virgo equalised. One of the Stockport staff(?) or a player just needlessly rammed the ball into Mayos stomach & it all kicked off? No segregation atall between us and the County fans either - the only time I've ever known that. Walked through the home fans to get to the away section!? Everyone having a right go at David Lee after he ran the ball out by our fans for the 5th time that day -
Never seen an Albion player get so much shit!!

southdownswolf

Aug 4, 2003
eastbourne
Not sure attacking small groups of fans could described as brave????

As far as I see it, the Wolves fans, Albion fans, or any other fans that feel the need to attack other fans are unwelcome at or near any football ground. Having been to matches in the 80's and wondering if I would even make it out of a ground, I would rather not see any antagonising going on.

As for the Watford fan, 99.999% of Wolves fans have found this violence by a bunch of kids a despicable and vile act. Let's hope that he makes a full recovery and is not afraid to go to football matches in future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here