Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

two minute silence at 11am this morning in memory of the armed forces who served dur

two minute silence at 11am this morning in memory of the armed forces who served during the First and Second World Wars and all armed conflict.

two minutes silence in a huge office really felt amazingly, the goose bumps type, very well observed, the odd mouse click in the distance. The time felt like a hour.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Couldn't observe it here unfortunately as I am manning the phonelines. Glad I managed to observe it on Sunday.

I wish we could make this a public holiday again, I was in Italy a few years ago, Rome to be precise. And the whole country was on leave, except it seems my Italian transnational Partners.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Whilst only 2 of us in the office, a 2 minutes silence was well observed.

Ended with a funny moment, of Iceland closing their doors for the 2 minutes silence, somehow starting a good 30 second after everyone else, and then having confused old ladies trying to get in. Thankfully they didn't bang loudly on the door. The fun I have overlooking Boundary Road, Portslade.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Enforced it and threatened to personally punch the shit out of any students who failed to do so.

I know, it's supposed to be recognising the peaceful end of conflict....

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I wish we could make this a public holiday again, I was in Italy a few years ago, Rome to be precise. And the whole country was on leave, except it seems my Italian transnational Partners.

That is peculiar, surely the Italians should have a 4 minutes silence, 2 for when they were on the Germans side and 2 for when they joined in with us when the Germans started losing.

Honouring the fallen Italians would be diffent too as they probably incurred more injuries like ankle sprains and pulled shoulders from running away with their hands up than they did actually fighting.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
That is peculiar, surely the Italians should have a 4 minutes silence, 2 for when they were on the Germans side and 2 for when they joined in with us when the Germans started losing.

Honouring the fallen Italians would be diffent too as they probably incurred more injuries like ankle sprains and pulled shoulders from running away with their hands up than they did actually fighting.

An Italian client's response to us telling him that we were observing a 2 minute's silence was...."ok, but what's it for....." :wozza:
Sums it up I guess.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008

f*** off you little ****, that is not funny. That is f***ing horrible. People from Italy died you little cretin scum bag more than you can say about yourself. My great grandad did not die in WWI leaving 3 small children behind for nothing. Some people are unbelieveable. Prick.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
I hope they observed it better than three in my class :censored:

They did - perfectly. I was chuffed. Better than the lecturer who was heard to shout "not another f***ing fire drill" when they sounded the fire bell to start the silence...that'll teach him to read the emails in the morning....

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I was in the middle of it when the fire alarm went off. Turned out it was the Library which is next door and connected to our alarm system trying to use it to signal the start and end of the 2 minutes but not being able to turn it off again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here