Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Two killed in Belgian anti-terror raid

D

Deleted member 22389

I try to look ahead to see any hope that this 'Radical' Islamist problem will be defused, but somehow I can't see it. We have all the signs of a long, escalating and hugely dangerous issue festering. This needed to be nipped in the bud, it wasn't and now we are left with the consequences.
This business in Paris has already started to spread like some nasty disease, which I guess is what it is. For me, leading Muslims need to be more proactive in their criticism of radicals, and much more vociferous in their support of the societies which they now call home. If not, I fear citizens will start to condemn all Muslims with dire consequences....worrying. ???

Putting the extremists to one side, what gets me more is the people we have let in to this country who are promoting a more hard line, conservative form of Islam on this country under the name of British Muslims, the trouble we have in this situation is the law will not recognise these type of people, and that is because our system has become confused with the words moderate now.

Also when you start questioning these people then you start questioning the whole religion, and we know where that leads. We are basically stuck now, and in the long run this will not be good for anyone.

Did you watch Panaroma in the week? thought it was a true and honest reflection of what is really going on here. The British Muslim women on there was fantastic and is what many people would expect, but it's voices like hers that are not being heard. If she mentions heads are being turned to a more hard line, conservative approach then people really need to sit up and start listening.

How can I define our country now, well it used go together like a cheese and pickle sandwich, now it resembles a cheese and banana sandwich.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I don't understand why we are trying to prevent people leaving to fight in syria etc, surely we should let them go and then prevent them from returning?

Because we are not allowed to refuse them entry back into the UK if they have a family here, a cat, a nice garden that needs watering, some guttering that needs redoing, Christians and Muslims that need slaughtering in the UK, human rights, etc. etc.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The Belgian police need to upgrade their cap guns.

I don't know - I'm rather liking the new hardened language used by the Belguims ( is that the correct name for them ? ) - "The suspects immediately and for several minutes opened fire with military weaponry and handguns on the special units of the federal police before they were neutralised." All very Robocop !

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I don't know - I'm rather liking the new hardened language used by the Belguims ( is that the correct name for them ? ) - "The suspects immediately and for several minutes opened fire with military weaponry and handguns on the special units of the federal police before they were neutralised." All very Robocop !

If you watch the video posted by Bozza it does not seem that impressive, it's mostly cap guns and 4 in one Spud Guns by the sound of it. No sounds of kalashnikovs, just pop pop pop.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Bet we've plenty more in Syria then Belgium have. Only a matter of time people, just keep your fingers crossed you and your loved ones aren't in the wrong place at the wrong time

according to reports as a percentage belgium has provided far more than us.

zxtwinturbo

Nov 7, 2014
More peace from this bunch of backward,barbaric 3rd world animals,At least they were put down pretty quickly

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I try to look ahead to see any hope that this 'Radical' Islamist problem will be defused, but somehow I can't see it. We have all the signs of a long, escalating and hugely dangerous issue festering. This needed to be nipped in the bud, it wasn't and now we are left with the consequences.

I can't really see how this can be "resolved" at all, certainly not in my lifetime. When I look ahead all I see is some sort of East vs West split and conflict. You are not going to irradicate these beliefs any time soon, even if it's possible, they could just spread. But then, I could never see an end to Irish violence (not that it necessarily has completely), so maybe there is a way that I cannot foresee.

Oh, and it's absolutely certain we will see attacks like this here - our security services can't stop them all

D

Deleted member 22389

I can't really see how this can be "resolved" at all, certainly not in my lifetime. When I look ahead all I see is some sort of East vs West split and conflict. You are not going to irradicate these beliefs any time soon, even if it's possible, they could just spread. But then, I could never see an end to Irish violence (not that it necessarily has completely), so maybe there is a way that I cannot foresee.

Oh, and it's absolutely certain we will see attacks like this here - our security services can't stop them all

Goto 11m 32s, this is what we have invited to the UK, so even without the extremist elements, we have this mindset on top.
Exploit our democracy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here