Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
lemmy_431x300.jpg

Hammersmith Odeon, here we come!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I think you will enjoy. Of the new songs, "A Thousnad Names of God" stood out well. Get ready to hear "Another Perfect Day" for the first time since '83 and pretty good it was too.
Oh, and a special guest on the encore, can you guess who?

BTW, try and catch Danko Jones, the first support, he is pretty damn good, and of course I am sure you won't miss Saxon, well worth the entry fee alone.

Enjoy, I don't think it will be long before he signals his last.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Take it from me, they are excellent. Seen them a few times recently, and saw then back in the day a couple of times too. Better now, and they still play a lot of the old stuff. New album out in Jan 09, single out now, Live to Rock. Biff really can belt them out, guitarist is the only other survivor from WOS.

[yt]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sy5M-eNfqxw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sy5M-eNfqxw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/yt]

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Saxon were excellent, just proper old-school rock.

Motorhead were simply Motorhead. Incomparable. Worth the money for Stay Clean and Overkill alone. And In the Name of Trgedy proves it's not just the old stuff that rocks.

Did you get the Fuel Girls in Brighton?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Don't know as I got to the Brighton gig at the beginning of Saxon. It was an absolutely top night though at the Dome.

Saxon were exactly as you described. Loved the banter they had with the crowd too. They were relaxed, well polished and very tight as a unit. Pure Spinal Tap moments too but done with big smiles on their faces.

Motorhead were exactly what they say on the tin. Lemmy describes the band as a "fuckin' rock n roll band" and they are just that. First time I'd seen them in concert since Knebworth and the more intimate surroundings and better acoustics brought the best from the 3 piece.

I'd had a really tough day that day with emotions running all over the place but that gig at the Dome kind of raised my spirits and quenched the thirst for an adrenaline rush.

Would DEFINITELY go again.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
No, we had Danko Jones and Saxon, the Fuel Girsl look like fun, what do they do, were they on stage with Motorhead, or did they have their own, ahem, slot?

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Fuel Girls were on stage during Killed by Death and Ace of Spades.

All writhing around, fire eating and stuff. In very few clothes.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
:p:p damn, knew I should have gone to the Odeon

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here