Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Two Brighton & Hove Labour Cllrs Expelled!

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Cllr Les Hamilton stepped down abruptly & now two further Labour councillors suspended - ouch!
Still your Conservative Councillor supporting BHA fan is still here! I was asked to give a speech at council tomorrow as the club have been granted freedom of the city. But I will be on a plane to Greece. Always happy to talk politics on the plane or preferably BHA.
If councillors are going to be using NSC as a platform to further their political agenda and give briefings on their diary schedule or updates on Council matters - do you think, in the interest of political balance, we should organise for a Labour Councillor to do the same? Then we could put all Council related matters into one thread. Unfortunately I am out of touch with all the Councillors I worked with over the over the years as I no longer live in Brighton otherwise I would suggest they join NSC ( many I knew supported the Albion) but you may know some who are interested ( unless of course you feel NSC is your personal domain for future electioneering interests and posting comments online about your opposition colleagues on the Council?)

If councillors are going to be using NSC as a platform to further their political agenda and give briefings on their diary schedule or updates on Council matters - do you think, in the interest of political balance, we should organise for a Labour Councillor to do the same? Then we could put all Council related matters into one thread. Unfortunately I am out of touch with all the Councillors I worked with over the over the years as I no longer live in Brighton otherwise I would suggest they join NSC ( many I knew supported the Albion) but you may know some who are interested ( unless of course you feel NSC is your personal domain for future electioneering interests and posting comments online about your opposition colleagues on the Council?)
Sounds like a good idea, though all council meetings are videoed & available for everyone to view & we don’t hide behind encrypted names.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Sounds like a good idea, though all council meetings are videoed & available for everyone to view & we don’t hide behind encrypted names.

And certainly not behind multiple encrypted names on here and various other social media, Ivan :lolol:

Because when I was in your trade, honesty and integrity were fairly core to financial services businesses ???

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Well, you do.

You posted the same message on three different sites recently, giving your full name on the Argus and another local site but using “Steve Foster” here. Copy and paste.

However, you hide behind three names on here. Steve Foster, Bognor Seagull and this is me, all agreeing with each other and making different guesses on the predictions thread.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
There can be a thread on 'favourite jelly flavour' and that will go 'Tories Out' within 4 posts.

It's the nature of the general leaning on here.

I quite like jelly

But if getting shot of the Tory party means I have to slag off jelly then I shall.

f*** jelly.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Still your Conservative Councillor supporting BHA fan is still here!
IMG_2861.jpeg

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Well, you do.

You posted the same message on three different sites recently, giving your full name on the Argus and another local site but using “Steve Foster” here. Copy and paste.

However, you hide behind three names on here. Steve Foster, Bognor Seagull and this is me, all agreeing with each other and making different guesses on the predictions thread.

Someone ...
Anyone....

Permed their entries?

With different profiles?

if that is true then they are utterly ridiculous

Well, you do.

Would you let your minor child come on NSC without oversight? No? Me neither.
Keep trying

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Cllr Les Hamilton stepped down abruptly & now two further Labour councillors suspended - ouch!
Still your Conservative Councillor supporting BHA fan is still here! I was asked to give a speech at council tomorrow as the club have been granted freedom of the city. But I will be on a plane to Greece. Always happy to talk politics on the plane or preferably BHA.
You appear to be dishonestly and misleadingly casting aspersions on the reasons behind Cllr Les Hamilton's decision to step down by your mentioning him in the same breath as the two suspended Labour Councillors.

The simple reason Cllr Hamilton has chosen to step down is that he is now 82 having served on the Council for 52 years without, as far as I am aware, a whiff of scandal or controversy, unlike yourself in your significantly shorter period of "service".

I know very little about you but from the misleading aspersions you are attempting to cast against Cllr Hamilton you don't exactly present yourself as someone of integrity, decency, honour or honesty.

Of course I would reserve that judgement if you would care to explain why you consider Cllr Hamilton's decision to step down at the age of 82 after 52 years to be 'abrupt", and also what relevance that has with the circumstances of the two suspended Councillors.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here