Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Two Brighton & Hove Labour Cllrs Expelled!

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
The basic allowance for a councillor is approx £13,800.

These two have been councillors for six months and will have cost the taxpayer thousands already.

This is when I wish local government had a recall mechanism, because unless they resign, they will still get their allowance each month. All they have to do is turn up once every six months.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
So the local Labour Party’s investigation has lead to them being kicked out of the Labour Party for not meeting the residency criteria, can someone explain to me why this wasn’t checked prior to the election last May ffs, or have ‘Central Office’ parachuted these charlatans in?? Interesting that the younger one is talking about the Pavilion Seat representation and hoping possible to be considered, was this promised maybe to her if she took a role initially on the council 🤔

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
So the local Labour Party’s investigation has lead to them being kicked out of the Labour Party for not meeting the residency criteria, can someone explain to me why this wasn’t checked prior to the election last May ffs, or have ‘Central Office’ parachuted these charlatans in?? Interesting that the younger one is talking about the Pavilion Seat representation and hoping possible to be considered, was this promised maybe to her if she took a role initially on the council 🤔
So much for transparency 😀

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Wow LRM the Rt hon Member for KT (and the surrounding areas) is involved and it seems the National Party ‘imposed’ these candidates on us.

Sir Kier Thatcher quite literally controlling the landscape 😮

Brighton Kemptown MP Lloyd Russell-Moyle wrote directly to Sussex Police chief constable Jo Shiner last week passing on information he thinks should be investigated.

Any councillor who is convicted of lying on official election forms would have to stand down and could face up to a year in prison.

Mr Russell-Moyle said: “We found out a few months ago that something strange was going on.

“At that moment we alerted the regional and national party who had imposed these candidates without any local control.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
If they were parachuted in by the national party then both they and the local party would have known damn well that neither of them were residents of Brighton.

Were they only reported when someone else found out?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Time for these two charlatans to do the honourable thing and resign to give both these wards a by election to elect a fit and proper candidate, I hope the regional and national party don’t stick their beaks into the selection this time and leave it to local party members to select!!

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
I'm really pleased, good riddance. It's about time we had a bit of honesty and integrity in politics at all levels.

I wonder if Brighton and Hove conservative party will do similar ???
Do the B&H Tories also have councilors commuting from outside the borough 🤷‍♂️

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Time for these two charlatans to do the honourable thing and resign to give both these wards a by election to elect a fit and proper candidate, I hope the regional and national party don’t stick their beaks into the selection this time and leave it to local party members to select!!
Ironically you could say exactly the same about the present government.

local politics is very murky and national parties dropping in candidates has been going on for years by all parties. It’s how they exert control and stops (what they consider) the less desirable elements from taking over. Let’s face it the local parties have some very strange characters …

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
One of them is defending herself quite rightly and suggesting she resides in Brighton, what’s going on ffs
Out of interest does anyone know the definition of “living in Brighton”? For most councillors this isn’t an issue but how does it work for “edge” cases? For international residency it’s usually 6 months plus one day.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
…local politics is very murky and national parties dropping in candidates has been going on for years by all parties. It’s how they exert control and stops (what they consider) the less desirable elements from taking over.…
Indeed.

Ironic too really when you consider that the (Labour) Council in Brighton ( subsequently followed by other LAs) introduced the ‘Local Connection‘ criteria to prevent rough sleepers and transients from accessing housing unless they had had a tenancy for the previous 6 out of 12 months or a tenancy for 3 out of the past 5 years.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Councillor Bharti Gajjar from her website , https://uknational.wixsite.com/bharti-gajjar-for-so

I stand for trust, integrity and ethical politics​

I am grounded in Ethics from Yale University, after I had began my studying journey here. Morality and Ethics ought to be at the forefront of politics and our constituency deserves it. This regrettably seems to lacking from the conservatives. Studying ethics enhances my ability to make informed, principled decisions and navigate complex moral dilemmas as an MP candidate, ensuring that I prioritise the welfare of our constituents, uphold ethical standards, and advocate for the common good with integrity and fairness.

Sounds very convincing to me .

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
Councillor Bharti Gajjar from her website , https://uknational.wixsite.com/bharti-gajjar-for-so

I stand for trust, integrity and ethical politics​

I am grounded in Ethics from Yale University, after I had began my studying journey here. Morality and Ethics ought to be at the forefront of politics and our constituency deserves it. This regrettably seems to lacking from the conservatives. Studying ethics enhances my ability to make informed, principled decisions and navigate complex moral dilemmas as an MP candidate, ensuring that I prioritise the welfare of our constituents, uphold ethical standards, and advocate for the common good with integrity and fairness.

Sounds very convincing to me .
Yep, would 100% get my vote if I lived in Leicester, Brighton, Morecambe or wherever she next claims to have connections to...

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Out of interest does anyone know the definition of “living in Brighton”? For most councillors this isn’t an issue but how does it work for “edge” cases? For international residency it’s usually 6 months plus one day.
Anyone can stand as a Cllr in the city of Brighton and Hove as long as they meet the below criteria
  • British or a citizen of the Commonwealth or European Union.
  • at least 18 years old.
  • registered to vote in the area or have lived, worked or owned property there for at least 12 months before an election.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Anyone can stand as a Cllr in the city of Brighton and Hove as long as they meet the below criteria
  • British or a citizen of the Commonwealth or European Union.
  • at least 18 years old.
  • registered to vote in the area or have lived, worked or owned property there for at least 12 months before an election.
This rules me IN!

Thankfully my jokes and puns on social media, whilst awful, are not racist nor mock the ill.

Who will vote for Cllr Tubthumper?

Better start working on my manifesto I guess.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
From an article in The Gentleman's Journal entitled How to Buy Titles and Influence People:
Forget buying degrees online — it’s far simpler and more prestigious to join some of Britain’s oldest institutions of learning. Take the Royal Society of the Arts, founded in 1754 and boasting alumni such as Benjamin Franklin and Karl Marx. Joining their ranks allows you to put the letters ‘FRSA’ after your name. All it takes is an online form, £175, and two friends to agree to be references for the applicant’s ‘commitment to social change.’

From the website of Bharti Gajjar, FRSA
As a FRSA with an appreciation for our local community, Wharton-trained in communication, a Labour councillor skilled in policy scrutiny and negotiation, and a BAME woman fluent in multiple languages, I motivate grassroots support through inclusive leadership, trust-building, and effective representation.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
This rules me IN!

Thankfully my jokes and puns on social media, whilst awful, are not racist nor mock the ill.

Who will vote for Cllr Tubthumper?

Better start working on my manifesto I guess.
Yet your bigotry towards folk from Stoke/Burnley (insert any rundown working class English town here) may be awkward 😉😉😉😂😂😂

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here