Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Two Albion U-15 players in the England U-15 squad

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Congratulations to Freddie Simmonds and Harry Howell (son of Jamie, I do believe), two Albion U-15 academy players who have been selected for the England U-15 squad for a tournament being hosted at the Pinatar Arena in Spain over the next few days.

Both lads have been in the academy from U-9 level. Harry has already seen a fair amount of playing time for the Albion U-18s this season, scoring once in ten appearances, while Freddie has been a non-playing sub but is yet to make his U-18s debut.

The full squad:-

EnglandU15.jpg

The match schedule:-

PinatarSuperCup.jpg

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
U15 playing in the U18 squad you say?

Yet the girls rep team mentioned on here the other day get penalised for it. How does that work exactly :shrug:

Well done those lads. This is exactly what player development should be about. Shame the schools FA don't see it that way.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Great stuff. They are in good company there, looking at the other clubs involved.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
U15 playing in the U18 squad you say?

Yet the girls rep team mentioned on here the other day get penalised for it. How does that work exactly :shrug:

Well done those lads. This is exactly what player development should be about. Shame the schools FA don't see it that way.
It depends on the rules of the competition.

Shumaira Mheuka played for our U-18s as an U-14 schoolboy in both the U-18 Premier League Cup and the U-18 Premier League South last season (before he f**ked off to Chelsea in the summer).

However, the FA Youth Cup is restricted to players who are U-16s, U-17s or U-18s (and Reading were disqualified in 2017-18 after our very own Imari Samuels played for them in the competition as an U-15 schoolboy).

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Well done both lads. I wonder how many in that squad will go on to have a professional career, never mind the PL or other top leagues?

Making the national team surely means they’ll be good enough to play as a career even if it’s not in the PL?

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Harry Gray @ Leeds related to Eddie and Frank maybe ?
YES just peeked 🫣he is related
he is Archie’s younger brother who is also on Dirtys books

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Making the national team surely means they’ll be good enough to play as a career even if it’s not in the PL?
I don't know. That's why I asked the question.

But the drop-out rate from youth football to the real thing is quite substantial, I understand.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It depends on the rules of the competition.

Shumaira Mheuka played for our U-18s as an U-14 schoolboy in both the U-18 Premier League Cup and the U-18 Premier League South last season (before he f**ked off to Chelsea in the summer).

However, the FA Youth Cup is restricted to players who are U-16s, U-17s or U-18s (and Reading were disqualified in 2017-18 after our very own Imari Samuels played for them in the competition as an U-15 schoolboy).
All seems a bit arbitrary then. Shame, as the old, if you're good enough you're old enough, seems the common sense route.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I don't know. That's why I asked the question.

But the drop-out rate from youth football to the real thing is quite substantial, I understand.

Oh for sure, the numbers that make it are tiny. I do think having made the national team will mean they’ll be able to make a career of it unless injury gets in the way.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Oh for sure, the numbers that make it are tiny. I do think having made the national team will mean they’ll be able to make a career of it unless injury gets in the way.
My Dad took me to a Youth international (England vs. France) in Eastbourne in the fifties. I still have the programme - well, just a team sheet really. R. Moore of West Ham did alright for himself, if I remember rightly - but can't say I remember any of the others.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
My Dad took me to a Youth international (England vs. France) in Eastbourne in the fifties. I still have the programme - well, just a team sheet really. R. Moore of West Ham did alright for himself, if I remember rightly - but can't say I remember any of the others.
Things may have changed a bit since then! 😁

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I went to a schoolboy international at Wembley when I was at primary school (big day out for us from Devon)…..must have been around 76/77. I think only Mark Chamberlain from the starting line up played at the top level. I’ll have a hunt around for the programme.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
In addition to Freddie and Harry, fellow Albion U-15 Sebastian Ademola is currently with the Norwegian U-15 squad in Austria for a friendly tournament. He was an unused substitute today for the 1-0 defeat against Portugal but may be involved tomorrow when the team plays Austria. There will then be "placement" matches on Saturday/Monday.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Sebastian Ademola is making his international debut today for the Norwegian U-15 side. He started against the Austrian U-15s, who currently lead 2-0 in the second half.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Harry and Freddie were on the bench today for the England U-15s in Spain against the US; not sure if they got on. The match finished 2-2 with the US winning on penalties. England play Japan on Friday so a good chance our boys will start, I would have thought:-

HarryHowellFredSimmondsEngU15vUSATeamsheetApr262023.jpg

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Albion's Freddie Simmonds (back row, 2nd from left) and Harry Howell (front row, left) have started for the England U-15s against Japan in the SuperCup at the Pinatar Arena this afternoon. England currently lead 2-0:-
HarryHowellFredSimmondsEngU15vJapanTeamPhotoApr282023.jpg

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Another Albion U-15 player, Adam Brett, is in the 21-man Welsh U-16 squad for a UEFA Development Tournament being hosted by Finland (with Greece and Hungary making up the four-nation group).

Brett came on as a sub today as Wales lost 4-0 to Greece in their opening match. They face Finland on Saturday and Hungary on Tuesday:-

AdamBrettWalesU16vGreece.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here