Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Twelve months paid leave for the male menopause

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It provided me with enough information to know that you were spouting incorrect rubbish. I dont see why you find that funny.
Calm down. It’s not that you corrected me, it’s the tone you do it in. Always so combative and angry. It’s why I can’t take you seriously.

Thanks for the information about the male menopause. Much appreciated.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Care to elaborate? Or shall I just treat it as a very poor attempt to deflect from the actual topic and chuck random insults around?
Numerous people have already elaborated, including one post with some of the actual guidance from the East Midlands Ambulance Service. I don't think any amount of elaboration is going to stand in the way of your need to get upset about something.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
My wife is suffering terribly with the menopause at the moment so the last thing I think I’ll do is suggest I’m suffering from symptoms of the male version , I’ll plead the fifth on this one !

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Numerous people have already elaborated, including one post with some of the actual guidance from the East Midlands Ambulance Service. I don't think any amount of elaboration is going to stand in the way of your need to get upset about something.
Random insults then, not addressing the actual issue. Good day to you Cur.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Calm down. It’s not that you corrected me, it’s the tone you do it in. Always so combative and angry. It’s why I can’t take you seriously.

Thanks for the information about the male menopause. Much appreciated.
My god you are a prick

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Anything that raises knowledge and visibility of men's mental health issues can only be a good thing, right?

Samaritans data for 2021 (the most current I could find) has the suicide rate for males at 15.8 per 100,000, compared to 5.5 per 100,000 for women. And the age group 50-54 (which I suspect a fair number of posters on here belong to) were found to have the highest suicide rate at 22.5 per 100,000. Data from the ONS in 2020 expands that age group to 45-64 and that rate was 20 per 100,000.

People can get angry about stuff like this or they can laugh at it but mental health is a serious issue that hasn't just cropped up in the last thirty years. It's always been there. And it's always been killing men.

NSC is usually an excellent place to come and discuss mental health, there's been several excellent topics previously about it, let's not change that now, eh?

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Read the first few posts yesterday and didn't bother to comment. Not read the extra posts BUT ....

Struggling to understand why an employer looking after their employees health has created such a fuss. It's a good thing surely ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Calm down dear :D

Just pointing out another reason the NHS doesn’t have the resources it needs. There are many, many others of course. Some justified, others less so. I would suggest that this falls into the latter category.

As for why I care? I just like to make some people aware that, yes, the current bunch of Tories are crap, but there other factors that can stretch the NHS to breaking point.
You are talking utter f***ing bollocks.

How can something that hasn't happened yet be starving the NHS of resources, and that's before we even get to the fact the story is just click bate for the 'anti-woke' brigade.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
"................ mood swings and irritability, a lack of enthusiasm or energy, and finding it hard to sleep."

Those common things that happen every day to thousands of people are mental health now these days? Geez - god help us all!
Yes, and good. You grew up in the 'pull yourself together' era. Some did, some didn't. Just because some did doesn't mean dismissing mental health issues is correct. It patently isn't.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Care to elaborate? Or shall I just treat it as a very poor attempt to deflect from the actual topic and chuck random insults around?
I have decided that you are well-intentioned but lacking in judgement. But you are surely smart enough to recognize that you get loads of pelters for your daft take on things.

Have you ever considered that perhaps its not us, and that its you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here