Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tweed and Cardigan Road Block

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Just tried to park in the nimby underworld that is Falmer and, yes, they have a road block with signs and everything. Who's betting that as soon as anyone official turns up they suddenly all disappear.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Update
Just had a mail back from the club. Apparently there is no traffic order in place and so this road block is illegal and an attempt to fool the inspector.
We need lots of complaints to Sussex Police about the road being blocked.

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
And plenty of cars being parked around Falmer today! Cheeky wankers, looks like they've just shot themselves in the foot with this one. Maybe somebody should get some photographic evidence of this "road block" ?

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Have they got nothing else to do in Falmer other than become more alienated from the real world? Next they will be putting up barbed wire fences, digging ditches and installing machine guns on the chuch tower. I hope this little stunt backfires on them in a large 22,000 seater stadium way.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I'd suggest just taking photos of the road block and then produce them in the enquiry.

Anyone with a digital camera able to pop up there soonish?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
You could go up there and put complaint after comlaint in but it wouldn't make that much difference from what I've heard. The club are aware of what g'wan and are on case.

No biggy.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
What about mentioning it to the Argus? That would get them a nice bit of bad publicity.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Richie Morris said:
How many cars are there?

Are they making a major disturbance?

I don't know about now but at 8:45 there was a bit of havoc as all the Brighton Uni students who normally park there had to turn around without being allowed into the Village. If anyone is nearby with a camera go and take a few piccies.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Whose access are they blocking? Why is anyone going to Falmer village today?

Lots of people go there every day because there is limited restricted parking at the university. Usually the roads are jammed around the pond during the week.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Surely this just proves how easy it will be to prevent cars from parking in the village itself on a match day?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here