Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] TV pundits for world cup

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Yes, it really improved my match experience tonight on ITVs coverage of the ENG v SEN to know from Lee Dixon which member of the England team loves drinking Yorkshire tea (Stones)
Typical Yorkshire berk. They all seem to think that there are plantations on Ilkley Moor. It's Indian Tea, not Yorkshire Tea, y'barmpots. What's more the brand is a seventies invention. It's about as traditional and authentic as Kestrel lager.

Last edited:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Typical Yorkshire berk. They all seem to think that there are plantations on Ilkley Moor. It's Indian Tea, not Yorkshire Tea, y'barmpots. What's more the brand is a seventies invention. It's about as traditional and authentic as Kestrel lager.
Was this who you mean?

😉

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes, it really improved my match experience tonight on ITVs coverage of the ENG v SEN to know from Lee Dixon which member of the England team loves drinking Yorkshire tea (Stones) and that the Squad have named a stray cat after David Seaman

WTF!😂
Matterface’s mid match arse licking about Foden’s A’level grades was cringy.

Where have we heard that before? …. commentators used to rattle on about Fat Frank’s purported 150 IQ and A’level.

Just commentate on the game.

ArfurW8

May 22, 2009
Fort Neef
Saturday's punditry was abysmal, it started with the usual BBC musical football montage then we had Lineker, Shearer, Murphy, and Ferdinand spending the whole time waxing lyrical about Messi. It felt lazy, as if they had just rocked up on the set with no preparation whatsoever. There is nothing they have offered that could not have been done in this country. The same could be said about Keown, Jenas, and Dublin. Still, they are all on the BBC gravy train so there will be no chance of them getting off that anytime soon
As for ITV, Laura Woods is a great presenter as is Mark Pougatch. I think Karen Carney has come on leaps and bounds and quite enjoy listening to her, Wright and Keane are good value, and I always enjoy listening to Ally McCoist.
Matterface is an awful commentator and Dixon is an average co- commentator, there is no chemistry there whatsoever, I get the impression that they don't even like each other.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
If you think some of the punditry is dire in the UK spare a thought for Americans who are lumbered with Fox for their coverage with the likes of Alexi Lalas spouting gibberish. It got so bad some Americans started watching the coverage on Spanish channel Telemundo. The best thing for football in the States was when NBC took over coverage of the Premier League and spared viewers from people like the perma tanned Warren Barton on Fox

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/dec/05/fox-sports-us-world-cup-coverage-tv-soccer

https://worldsoccertalk.com/tv/funn...-cup-coverage-so-far-20221204-WST-410994.html

FIVESTEPS

Nov 3, 2014
Melissa Reddy on sky sports her delivery is so slow and measured makes listening painful.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Matterface’s mid match arse licking about Foden’s A’level grades was cringy.

Where have we heard that before? …. commentators used to rattle on about Fat Frank’s purported 150 IQ and A’level.

Just commentate on the game.
And we've got ITV again on Saturday...

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I dunno, Kestrel lager at least tastes like it's made out of kestrels ...

virtual22

Nov 30, 2010
I think BBC need to move Tim Vickery from Radio to TV, guy is in a league of his own, always a pleasure to listen to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here