Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] TV box-sets you gave up on (or wish you hadn’t bothered with)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’m very stubborn or resilient, but I was beaten and gave up on:

Mr Robot (starring Rami Malek) - right up my street, but it became an increasingly depressing tale of a opium addicted hacker. In the end, I threw in the towel.

The Blacklist (starring James Spader) - I was prewarned by [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION]. A good idea and Spader was fine, but every episode ended up being a near repeat of the last, with no overall feeling of movement towards a grand finale. About 40 into 187 episodes, I allowed it to fade away.

Other than that, I think I’ve pretty much enjoyed everything.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
I’m very stubborn or resilient, but I was beaten and gave up on:

Mr Robot (starring Rami Malek) - right up my street, but it became an increasingly depressing tale of a opium addicted hacker. In the end, I threw in the towel.

The Blacklist (starring James Spader) - I was prewarned by [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION]. A good idea and Spader was fine, but every episode ended up being a near repeat of the last, with no overall feeling of movement towards a grand finale. About 40 into 187 episodes, I allowed it to fade away.

Other than that, I think I’ve pretty much enjoyed everything.

Mr Robot I nearly threw in the towel towards the end of season 3 but was glad I didn't.

The Blacklist, I gave up after about 4 episodes when I realised it will probably end up being the same thing over and over again.

For me, Macgyver, it was an OK light watch but got a bit tedious after a while.
Homeland, stopped watching about halfway through the season after Damien Lewis left, may pick it back up again soon though.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Every episode of the Blacklist was the same, but I generally didn't mind because it was just some easy fun. I managed 8 seasons, but (no spoilers) it's since changed.

I gave up The Walking Dead

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Every episode of the Blacklist was the same, but I generally didn't mind because it was just some easy fun. I managed 8 seasons, but (no spoilers) it's since changed.

I gave up The Walking Dead

I really liked and completed Person of Interest, a similar theme to Blacklist, but more endearing with very likeable characters. Acquiring a bond for the main characters really helps, also; Bosch, Better Call Saul, The Ozarks, Justified, The Shield, The Americans. All amazing.

feller

N00b
Aug 13, 2011
Cambridgeshire
A vote for Lost as well. I thought the second to last series was so bad, I never bothered with the last one even though I'd invested all that time into it.

A similar story with The Walking Dead, although another reason for abandoning it is that it's jumped from FX to The Disney Channel.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The Hunger. It turned nasty and unpleasant, and I don't like nasty unpleasantness.

Penny Dreadful. We paused it about 5 years ago for different reasons and now Mrs T doesn't want to watch it, and I'm in a dilemma.

The original (Simon Templar) saint. I hate to admit, but, it was a bit boring :eek:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Breaking Bad

Got a season and a half in and decided I just wasn’t enjoying it very much

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The Hunger. It turned nasty and unpleasant, and I don't like nasty unpleasantness.

Penny Dreadful. We paused it about 5 years ago for different reasons and now Mrs T doesn't want to watch it, and I'm in a dilemma.

The original (Simon Templar) saint. I hate to admit, but, it was a bit boring :eek:

Did you like the original Randall & Hopkirk or The Champions?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Did you like the original Randall & Hopkirk or The Champions?

Loved them :love:

anette andre.jpg
Alexandra Bastedo.jpg

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Lost
Walking dead
Game of thrones
Sons of Anarchy
American horror story

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Bloodlines.
Billions.

Both shows where you realise there’s never going to be ‘an end’ to the story, it’s just going to go on and on and round and round for series after series. What’s the point.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Same here, both pairs.

[I saw that same Bastedo photo a few minutes ago :lolol:. Hove’s finest].

For the sake of gender balance and sexual orientation bingo, lest we not forget: Jason King! I could only dream of being that suave when I was 14. :love:

Jason King.jpeg

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
Another vote for Mr Robot, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, and Ozark. I did see Lost through to the end but probably could have found better things to do with my time!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here