Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] TV Adverts

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The one that annoys me most is on BBC, supposedly telling me I can pay my licence fee in instalments.
The ridiculous scenario, in a restaurant from first date, engagement, marriage, divorce all in 90 seconds.

Why not just announce you can pay the fee via direct debit, or quarterly?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The one that annoys me most is on BBC, supposedly telling me I can pay my licence fee in instalments.
The ridiculous scenario, in a restaurant from first date, engagement, marriage, divorce all in 90 seconds.

Why not just announce you can pay the fee via direct debit, or quarterly?

This with bells on

Of course, reverse psychology, here we are talking about ads that we hate meaning we are thinking about what they are advertising.

I agree re sky plus btw. We gave just watched the first series of broadchurch on catch up itv hub and it has no adverts. Btw what a fantastic program that was. Quite incredible acting too. Just started on series 2

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
We have just watched the first series of Broadchurch on catch up itv hub and it has no adverts. Btw what a fantastic program that was. Quite incredible acting too. Just started on series 2
When you've finished, give the Tennant US version a go....different ending too! dims.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here