Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Turning unwated products into money?

wizo7

Man Met Massive
Dec 17, 2008
Bolney
Somebody posted recently about exchanging unwanted CD's for money. I thought this was a really good idea as ive got loads of the things lying around that have been made redundant by the Mp3 player.

I was already familiar to the recycling of mobile phones but was wondering if there were any other schemes/initiatives for people to hand in unused and unwanted belongings for a cash return that anyone knows about?

BeardyChops

Jan 24, 2009
More sensible reply:

Use The Freecycle Network
You obviously don't get any money, but it's a lot better than taking stuff to the tip since 1/ it might get used and 2/ you don't have to go the tip yourself.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Don't any of the more obscure universities offer an alchemy degree yet?

I was talking to someone in Brighton yesterday about old silver coins. Silver has soared in value recently, with demand from the Far East.

Just to summarise:

All GB "silver" coins prior to 1920 - and some dated 1920 - are effectively 100% silver.

Most 1920 coins and all subsequent years to 1946 are 50% silver.

It used to be illegal to melt down or destroy British coinage - even if invalid - for the base metal, but I understand now it isn't. Coin dealers are looking for quantities of silver (and gold of course) for metal content. Don't know about copper though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here