[Football] Turkey v Italy Euro 2020 Game 1 Tonight 8pm

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Still called the first division as far as I'm concerned.

I just hope the Jocks and Taffs go out as early as possible so we don't have to put up with the media fawning over them constantly.

I always struggle with England Scotland games as the media ramp up the hype to absurd levels. Why we have to consider Scotland, a country with a population a tenth of ours, as arch rivals I really don't know. When it comes to football, I'd much rather beat France or Germany. Scotland are minnows and have been for decades.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
0 - 0 or 1 - 1 tonight, is my prediction.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Always enjoy watching the Azzurri play in a tournament so looking forward to watching them later.

Usually these opening games are fairly cagey, but will be interesting to see what this new era Italian side is all about.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Likewise, they're the best at Shitehousery and getting away with it as well, which is bloody infuriating but also amusing.

Belgium will fluff, so will Spain, 1/4's

I've just filled in a slapdash wall chart England lose to Italy in the semis, France beat Netherlands

Italy win.

Which is why I love them.

I remember an England Italy game in the late 70s or early 80s and Claudio Gentile was getting away with all sorts.
Seem to recall he may have got one of ours carded after some pretty theatrical stuff, from a bit of retaliation to his constant niggly fouls.
Think he also did a fair amount of time-wasting towards the end with Italy 1-0 up.
The commentator was getting very sanctimonious about him.
Italy won (like they always did).

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Tonights game is totally open, wont dare to bet in either direction. Turkey are strong and got many players who have had very successful seasons while Italy is Italy.

France are the obvious favorites to win the tournament, they are a level above everyone else and imo the biggest favorite since the Spain peak era.

England will go out in the round of 16.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
France to win it.
Poland to be the dark horses.
England to go out in the group stages.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I am worried that my other half is going to throw a wobbly after a few days of wall to wall football :smile:

I have absolutely no idea who is going to win but am hoping England do me proud and not make me angry again

man up and be the king of your castle :)

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
man up and be the king of your castle :)

He can watch the game on his i pad in the playroom. castle.jpg

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
France have a good defence and will score a lot of goals, Italy lack firepower but are defensively sound, so I reckon one of those two will win it.

My surprise package are the Czechs. I think they are capable of sneaking past either England or Croatia and will prove far too good for Scotland. A lot of their squad plays week in week out together at Slavia Prague who reached the last 8 in the Europa league, while Tomas Soucek had a great season at West Ham while Schick (Leipzig on loan, Leverkusen) and Vydra (Watford, Burnley) are also both proven top level strikers.

Doesn't help having a striker called 'Immobile'. Although he appears to be anything but.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports