Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tudor Baluta

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This was one guy I was looking forward to seeing play in the first team, and I wouldn't be happy to see him go.

He'd give us height at set pieces, a decent range of passing and an eye for goal - a good option from the bench if you were looking to close out a one-goal lead.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

That we have given opportunities for younger players to step up with mostly cup involvement in the first team (Molumby, Sanders, Cochrane, Gyokeres, Roberts, etc.) but Baluta, a full international, has only made an appearance for the club in the U23s so far this season.

If he is good enough for Dynamo Kyiv and Romania what has gone on for us to deem him not good enough to progress past our U23 squad.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
That we have given opportunities for younger players to step up with mostly cup involvement in the first team (Molumby, Sanders, Cochrane, Gyokeres, Roberts, etc.) but Baluta, a full international, has only made an appearance for the club in the U23s so far this season.

If he is good enough for Dynamo Kyiv and Romania what has gone on for us to deem him not good enough to progress past our U23 squad.

It is puzzling. Can only assume he knows he wants off, either on loan or more likely loan to perm and so hasn't made himself available for selection

I thought I read he was coming back from injury; hence his limited time appearances for the under 23's. Taking into into account his curtailed loan in Holland this would seem a likely outcome.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
He was one of the three younger players who was kept here and not sent on loan, thinking they could break through to the first team.

Connolly and Alzate did, Baluta didn’t.

His loan to Den Haag was cut short but by all accounts he didn’t stand out in the few games he played.

However he is a full Romanian international and shone in the U21 Euros for them.

It’s hard to know how well he is rated by the club off the back of this. If this is a loan to Dinamo Kyiv then it could be make or break for Tudor to show GP what he can do.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

I think he is just one of Tony's stallions.

I see the business Tony is running as being like a stud farm.

He buys players sometimes with no intention of them playing for the Albion but he knows their value might go up with a few decent loan moves.

You get a player in for 500k; you lend him out; he plays a bit; suddenly a team offers £2m for him and hey presto, you've made £1.5m.

It's why we'll never see Percy Tau play for us. Tony's not bothered about permits in this case.

Just a thought.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

He buys players sometimes with no intention of them playing for the Albion but he knows their value might go up with a few decent loan moves.

You get a player in for 500k; you lend him out; he plays a bit; suddenly a team offers £2m for him and hey presto, you've made £1.5m.

It's why we'll never see Percy Tau play for us. Tony's not bothered about permits in this case.

Just a thought.

I don't disagree with you!

I seem to remember PB saying re Percy however, that we think he's good enough and it was a calculated gamble based on changes to Work Permits in the English game. There were multiple potentialities to getting him a WP and annoyingly none of those seem to have come off or happened yet (a certain divisive change to the UK's position in the world was hinted at). This was a couple of years ago so I think the club will be quite happy to palm him off as you say for a solid profit. It's good business either way!

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto

Just a thought.

I disagree. It was supposedly quite a coup to get Baluta at the time after starring in the European U21 Championship.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I disagree. It was supposedly quite a coup to get Baluta at the time after starring in the European U21 Championship.
Only seen him once in the EFL Trophy against AFC Wimbledon, and didn't think he particularly stood out - but that's only one match. Loans abroad usually seem to indicate the player is on his way, although Ostigaard and Gyokeres seem to have bucked that trend this year.

My gut feeling, FWIW (very little) is that he's probably going.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If he goes to Dynamo Kiev then that's games against Juventus and Barcelona pencilled in for him.

Tough loan.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
[tweet]1312869603450683393[/tweet]

Allegedly the Dynamo Kiev president has announced Tudor's loan.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
[tweet]1312869603450683393[/tweet]

Allegedly the Dynamo Kiev president has announced Tudor's loan.

[tweet]1312804986196291584[/tweet]

"Tudor Baluta from Romania has undergone medical tests in Dynama. Tomorrow he is to be introduced to the new club and sign a contract. He can play as a defensive midfielder and also as a center of defense.

Surkis says this is the last transfer on this window."

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
[tweet]1313088192380370946[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here