Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tudor Baluta

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Has anyone noticed Băluţă in any training pictures? Appreciate he may be with the U23s but the guy has 7 caps for Romania! A little surprised to have not seen anything of him.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Has anyone noticed Băluţă in any training pictures? Appreciate he may be with the U23s but the guy has 7 caps for Romania! A little surprised to have not seen anything of him.

I've not noticed him. He's pretty much the only player I haven't spotted. He's a unit too so he stands out.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

No, but again one member of playing/coaching staff tested positive for Covid-19 so will still be in isolation. There can't be too many candidates left.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
The covid thing is a good shout. Propper not around on Saturday but he's definitely been in training photos.
Can't think of many others it could be (unless it's a staff member).

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

I could mention fifty players with 7 or more caps for Romania that wouldnt make it into a PL side. Some people put to much emphasis on "getting caps". Its easy to forget that almost every PL team would beat almost every national team on a normal day.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
No, but again one member of playing/coaching staff tested positive for Covid-19 so will still be in isolation. There can't be too many candidates left.

I think we’ve indirectly accused most of the fringe players at this point!

I wonder if Tudor has a Championship loan lined up. So he’s been around a few clubs.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Probably because he's not good enough for the first team.

I'd be inclined to agree, I saw him at Southend in the Leasing.com Trophy last season and came away thinking he struggled a little bit with the hustle and bustle and somewhat chaotic nature of that game. I suspect he'd look much better in a more cultured game mind. I think a season in the Championship would make sense to see how he adapts and develops. Just interested in where he's at in terms of the pecking order and future prospects. I'd still have thought he'd be in and around the likes of Molumby and Sanders though in terms of getting a look in. So Bozza may well be onto something, or perhaps he has a niggle, or is close to securing a move.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I could mention fifty players with 7 or more caps for Romania that wouldnt make it into a PL side. Some people put to much emphasis on "getting caps". Its easy to forget that almost every PL team would beat almost every national team on a normal day.

Yes this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003

I hope you're not suggesting I thought he'd make it into our side? I feel like my post has been misconstrued a little by a couple of these replies! I'm just interested in what's going on with him.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I hope you're not suggesting I thought he'd make it into our side? I feel like my post has been misconstrued a little by a couple of these replies! I'm just interested in what's going on with him.

Ok, well, no talk of him in the media etc but I'd say there is a 99% chance he goes on loan somewhere

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Ok, well, no talk of him in the media etc but I'd say there is a 99% chance he goes on loan somewhere

There were reports earlier this month that Universitatea Craiova wanted to take him on loan for the season, but I assume we would want to loan him to a much stronger league. Besitkas have previously been very keen on him, and I did see something in the Turkish media suggesting that there’s a chance they could reignite their interest in future.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If that's a player rather than coaching staff then it is Băluţă or Steele.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
OK, well, no talk of him in the media etc but I'd say there is a 99% chance he goes on loan somewhere

Has he actually played for us, U23s or anything else? Come to think of it, has he ever seen Lancing, or is he a European version of Percy Tau or Billy Arce?

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Has he actually played for us, U23s or anything else? Come to think of it, has he ever seen Lancing, or is he a European version of Percy Tau or Billy Arce?

He's played a few games for the U23s in the PL2 and the EFL Trophy, and he played the full game in the Caribou Cup shambles against Villa.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here