Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tuchel was right they should have had a pen

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I have not see again the other Mason Mount incident when he dispossessed our defender and put the ball in the net and Dean instantly blew up without letting play continue and let VAR confirm he got it right.
Are there any replays of this incident?

He just barged into the back of Veltman I think it was, I didn’t think he got any of the ball, anywhere else on the park I didn’t think anyone is even querying that being anything other than a foul.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
I posted that clip the other day. I'm always amazed at how some people can look at that clip, but be so blinded by their allegiance that they genuinely believe that ball hit his legs and not his hand.

If the ball deflects of a defenders foot on to his hand it is not a handball. That is what happened here. Not a penalty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
If the ball deflects of a defenders foot on to his hand it is not a handball. That is what happened here. Not a penalty.

There's nothing about that in the handball rule. Regardless, here though, the ball has gone through his legs and hes stopped it with his hand. Extraordinary that we can both look at that clip and see completely different things.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Maybe, but I think he genuinely tried ( and succeeded) to intercept the ball with either his foot or head . . . . The ball deflected off his foot onto his arm, so not intentional.

Just happened to be in the firing line :lolol:

DEfinitely rooting for Liverpool tomorrow . . . .Has a coach ever spontaneously combusted live on TV before ?

Yep I think it was accidental as well. He’s definitely got a touch of the shit house about him though. I’m a big fan.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Interesting clip. Never crossed my mind at the time was hand ball ( Nor did ref or any pundit )) I also thought Mount was indicating should have received ball but was obviously claiming a penalty
From clip was clear his outstretched hand stopped ball getting to Mount. Maybe there is an expert on here to say if we got away with it

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I have looked again at highlights and stopped several times at this incident. Strange but at no time would anybody have considered there was any chance it had hit hand.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I have not see again the other Mason Mount incident when he dispossessed our defender and put the ball in the net and Dean instantly blew up without letting play continue and let VAR confirm he got it right.

Not sure but i think big Bob did not go for the ball when ref had blown, maybe if no whistle Big Bob would have saved it.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Watched it a couple of times, looks like Mount pushed Veltman over but a bit soft perhaps. Dean was very close……and Sanchez stopped because of the whistle so any Chelsea claims of a ‘goal’ are nonsense really. If Dean had let it go however, it’s maybe one where VAR would have indicated no ‘clear and obvious error’ (assuming Mount would have scored).

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
Last edited:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Ah well. You win some, you lose some. We deserved at least a point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here