Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Tuchel gone

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
It’s taken GP three years to get where we are now. He doesn’t offer quick fixes and any improvements he makes takes time. You don’t get that with top 6 teams …..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Hilarious. They let him take care of the transfer market over the summer, allow him to spend absurd money and then sack him one week into September.

Won't miss him.

Not worried about GP going there, he'll stay away from that mess.
Is it really a mess? New owner bags of money just a few questionable signings made.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Actually after initially running around the office in a hissy fit and pissing my new chinos, I have calmed down slightly and come to the conclusion that Potter going is highly unlikely for two main reasons.

1: Chelsea are in the Champions League and cannot afford a long term project they need and usually demand a Champions League proven appointment, not a manager who builds squads over several seasons.

2: Potter would not appreciate the backroom shenanigans and pressure of immediate success demanded.
This all day long.
Anyway I don't see GP making g a cameo appearance on Made in Chelsea, anytime soon :D

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It’s taken GP three years to get where we are now. He doesn’t offer quick fixes and any improvements he makes takes time. You don’t get that with top 6 teams …..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You could make the case better quality players would adapt a lot quicker saying that I don’t think he will be high profile enough.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Hilarious. They let him take care of the transfer market over the summer, allow him to spend absurd money and then sack him one week into September.

Won't miss him.

Not worried about GP going there, he'll stay away from that mess.

Agree with the first bit but are you sure about GP? Easy commute from Brighton to London so no family upheaval, more money, Champions League football and a squad full of talent that he could try and win trophies with. They'll almost certainly ask to talk to him at least.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
The other worry is that word on the street is that Todd b has had a lot of dealings with barber recently and really gets on with him !!!

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

larus

Potter knows he’s respected/admired but the fans and the club here. He has great support and appears to be a loyal person.
However, he will have ambitions to prove himself at the highest level he can do.

The question will be if he feels that Chelsea is a good fit for him (assuming they do make an approach).
He’ll get more money, he’ll get the chance to work with better players, but he’ll also get higher expectations and definitely more pressure.

Not the news we want to be hearing that’s for sure.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Agree with the first bit but are you sure about GP? Easy commute from Brighton to London so no family upheaval, more money, Champions League football and a squad full of talent that he could try and win trophies with. They'll almost certainly ask to talk to him at least.

Their training ground is actually at Stoke d'Abernon just off the M25 (although they refer to it as Cobham), but I wouldn't want to do that drive every day.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm not going to say Potter definitely wouldn't leave to go there, but I will say that a club like Chelsea would be in for a shock if they think a change of "gaffer" is a magic bullet.

Potter is a fine manager - one of our best ever - but he's only part of the reason we are punching massively above our weight. Football moved on from being all about what the gaffer says and what players "he" buys, many many years ago. There is a reason why clubs like Brighton and Brentford look so comfortable in the top division.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Quite possibly the most horror of a football manager I've ever had the displeasure of seeing since football was invented,no doubt he's laughing all the way to the bank and will find another club to torment with his adolescent behaviour after a loss,as for Potter being touted as a possible replacement I can't imagine him not wanting to finish his Brighton project,anyway I'm sure they will end up with Potterchino.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Internal appointment - Emma Hayes to take over the men's team - Conte wouldn't dare to not look her in the eye when shaking hands

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here