Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tube Strike!

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Its quite funny today listening to all of the girls in my office say how bad their journey was today due to the tube strikes.

finally, they may have just a small glimpse of what commuting with southern is like everyday!

Although my boss still wouldn't let me work from home tomorrow!

Yep - agree.

3 hours each way is standard stuff for me at the moment.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
How has it come to this that the British public just accept it and get on with it?

The press tell them to channel their anger elsewhere, is how. People are angry, and rightly so, but so rarely is their anger directed where it should be.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
The press tell them to channel their anger elsewhere, is how. People are angry, and rightly so, but so rarely is their anger directed where it should be.

I know what your suggesting but it's very difficult for the hardworking British Public to aim their anger in its entirety at the companies, when on the face of it a group of employees driven forward by the Red Barons down tools!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I know what your suggesting but it's very difficult for The hardworking British Public aim their anger in its entirety at the companies, when on the face of it a group of employees driven forward by the Red Barons down tools!

I'm not even saying who they should aim it at - the Government, the Unions, Southern Rail etc. I'm saying that for many it's coming out in totally different places - domestic situations, immigration, people on benefits, etc.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Work until 6 then leave to go home, Tube strike then finished. Problem solved.:lolol:

My company's office hours run 'til 6 anyway, so that'll already be the case. But the idea that the gates will open and the tubes will just start running at 6pm is laughable - I'll be surprised if they even get most of the stations reopened, still less any semblance of a 'service'. I live in a city with no functioning tube network today, and on a Southern overground route, one I abandoned trying to use months ago anyway. The day these problems are solved I seriously doubt I'll still live here.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I've lived in London for 25+ years. The staff at the UG ticket offices have helped me on a number of
occasions - illness on the train and when I was on crutches. I support their belief that getting rid of
staff at UG stations is outrageous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here