Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] TSB.........Again

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The same for me with Spence. The doom and gloom, sometimes even after a win!, is like a form of black humour.

I like Spence, too, and thought the ban was a bit harsh.

Mind you, that didn't stop me taking the piss :lolol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I feel sorry for the offshore kids. Most of the ones I worked with were super-smart, super-keen hugely likeable young graduates. But their bosses were often workshy morons promoted to the level of their incompetence. The young kids were also flogged half to death with excessive working hours. Bangalore is 5 hours ahead of UK time. So by the time the UK working day is starting, it's already mid-afternoon offshore. The kids are then expected to be available for the whole uk business day AND 'do the needful' ready for the start of the next uk business day. That's a helluva long shift. No wonder mistakes get made.

I have only been in two situations where offshoring worked efficiently (and I've had to deal with a lot of offshoring, generally through acquisition, which may be telling :wink:).

Run off - where it is just about keeping an old system going for run off business, very little maintenance, no enhancements. (It tends to be cheaper than trying to maintain a minimal on shore team).

Where the development team 'move' - Acquired an unusual situation whereby a system was originally developed by a group of young computer science graduates who, after a few years decided they wanted to move home, so they were contracted to continue maintaining the system. By the time I got it, there was a development team of 12 in Siberia and a UK based Development manager and business analysts. I was very wary before the acquisition, but have to say it worked well, but that was because all the knowledge was in Siberia. (And in 5 years I managed to avoid going to Siberia to see them).

As you rightly say, it's very rarely the staff that's the problem. Junior staff can only ever achieve minor cock-ups. From the problems TSB are having, that is very senior staff cocking up badly (some may say incompetent). Funnily enough, I've always found that senior people don't like hearing that :lolol:

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Let's get this straight.
I really hate banks.
The service is awful, you can't complain, 8 tills with 3 tellers and then someone comes up to you to see if they can help ( yes, get on a till) queue out the door, closing down multiple branches unnecessarily to cut costs.
I hate internet banking, I don't trust the banks to spend the money to protect my money from clever ******** who can get into my account at the touch of a button.
At least 5 days to clear a cheque in 2019 (they hold on to it with thousands of others to make money) but you can transfer money in seconds and they are very quick to tell you and charge you if you are overdrawn.
They nearly broke this country, the customers bailed them out, yet they still behave like it never happened and are still greedy and only concerned about the profit, never the customer.
Banks really, really make my piss boil.

And lest we not forget, it was banks and their sub-prime lending in the US that caused the crisis at the back end of the noughties.

If only some smart arse hadn't written the note about their being no money left, the tories would not have been able to justify austerity and blame labour, for a decade. People still believe Grordon Brown is entirely responsible for austerity :facepalm:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
And lest we not forget, it was banks and their sub-prime lending in the US that caused the crisis at the back end of the noughties.

If only some smart arse hadn't written the note about their being no money left, the tories would not have been able to justify austerity and blame labour, for a decade. People still believe Grordon Brown is entirely responsible for austerity :facepalm:
Well he is :whistle:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Let's get this straight.
I really hate banks.
The service is awful, you can't complain, 8 tills with 3 tellers and then someone comes up to you to see if they can help ( yes, get on a till) queue out the door, closing down multiple branches unnecessarily to cut costs.
I hate internet banking, I don't trust the banks to spend the money to protect my money from clever ******** who can get into my account at the touch of a button.
At least 5 days to clear a cheque in 2019 (they hold on to it with thousands of others to make money) but you can transfer money in seconds and they are very quick to tell you and charge you if you are overdrawn.
They nearly broke this country, the customers bailed them out, yet they still behave like it never happened and are still greedy and only concerned about the profit, never the customer.

Agree customers are a 2nd thought these days. They are more interested in pushing everyone to internet banking. If only some had the balls to open up closed banks they'd be surprised

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Agree customers are a 2nd thought these days. They are more interested in pushing everyone to internet banking. If only some had the balls to open up closed banks they'd be surprised

Metro is a relatively new bank who are opening branches.
As I previously mentioned, Nationwide operate a current account, even though they are still a mutual building society, and they haven't closed branches.

Vote with your feet.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Y

Metro is a relatively new bank who are opening branches.
As I previously mentioned, Nationwide operate a current account, even though they are still a mutual building society, and they haven't closed branches.

Vote with your feet.

With the nationwide for savings never really thought about banking with them

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Let's get this straight.
I really hate banks.

I paid a check in yesterday at 15:00. It had cleared 15 minutes later, my bank also tells me if I an near to going overdrawn with alerts and gives me 24 hours to rectify it should that happen without silly charges. They also notified me of fraudulent activity in progress on both of my accounts at the same time, stopped the cards, and had the money which was taken from both account back in my account the following day, before the police had even watched the cctv of the crimes

So I am really happy with my service from Halifax, both on the app and in the branch. Yours sounds like mine did 15 years ago though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here