Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Trussanomics and the lack of effective opposition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenGarfield

Feb 22, 2019
crawley
Having been banned from the other Truss thread, and at the suggestion of some of my detractors, here is my alternative thread. The idea is to debate Truss`s economic policy, but unlike the controllers of the other thread I wont mind if you go off on tangents or make the same point several times.

Some of the posters in the other place have pointed to the lack of solutions from the opposition. I would argue that designing policy from an understanding of Modern Monetary Theory rather than failed neo-liberal framework is the way forward. Discuss - if you want to

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've just scanned through your posts on the Truss thread and they don't strike me as being any more tangential than much of what I saw on a regrettable visit I made to that thread earlier today.

If we banned people from threads for making the same point multiple times, there would be no political threads on here as the main protagonists in those threads do exactly that, day after day, month after month.

So, the thread ban has been removed.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I've just scanned through your posts on the Truss thread and they don't strike me as being any more tangential than much of what I saw on a regrettable visit I made to that thread earlier today.

If we banned people from threads for making the same point multiple times, there would be no political threads on here as the main protagonists in those threads do exactly that, day after day, month after month.

I can see an upside to this :wink:

Ps I’m loving the new NSC site…are you wondering why it wasn’t done earlier

BenGarfield

Feb 22, 2019
crawley

Thanks Bozza, thats exactly my recollection of my history on this topic. You are a true gent and thanks for maintaining this site for as long as you have. Its an invaluable tool for us Albion Fans. I will now resume commenting in the other place. So, close this thread by all means.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Somewhat meaningless thread because Truss's economic policy disappeared up Hunt's backside yesterday.
more like somewhat disingenuous. our protagonist isnt just against Truss' policy, they are against all economic policy followed by any nation. then ran away from debate leaving others to make the case in the other thread.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
This comment just made me laugh out loud. You dont know how wrong you are. I`m nothing like you imagine. As I have pointed out earlier in this thread many of the developers of MMT are completely grounded in the finance industry and banking they are not all ivory tower academics. They know plenty about the "real world" of economics and finance, and the complexities of the UK exchequer and the US Fed unlike their critics . For example Warrren Mosler, who I consider a genius, one of the founders of MMT, trained as an automotive engineer and economist, owned his own high performance car factory, and ran his own Bank., Hardly someone who is "talking nonsense about a subject he knows very little about"
Perhaps this comment and conversation belongs on the relevant thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here