Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Funnily enough Trump was caught by a reporter leaving The White House to board his chopper and was asked if he had asked Ukraine to investigate the Biden's... his reply as I recall was " yes" and he even said "maybe China should investigate the Biden's too "... So we have a leader of a country asking a foreign nation to investigate US nationals activities abroad yet goes very quiet when the UK police ask for the return of Anne Sacoolis for an investigation where there has quite obviously been a crime leading to a fatality !

I suppose the difference between the two is of course, any muddying of the water surrounding the Biden's equals a boost to Trumps re-election campaign while defending Anne Sacoolis from investigation looks like Trump is strongly supporting the interests of a US citizen which equals a boost to Trump's re-election campaign. Win Win ! luckily ethics don't feature too highly with The Donald !

Here's a decent overview of what you raised in regards to Trump asking a foreign government to investigate a potentially corrupt Politician.

It's nothing illegal in nature to do. Especially if they do it for nothing in return.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.po.../10/06/trump-ukraine-investigate-rival-229341

I agree that the woman should be sent back to Britain to face Justice. I don't however think that decision would have been any different regardless if Trump or someone else was in power.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
It's extraordinarily exciting to know that the future of the world in the hands of one of these amazing people...

Mike
Joe
Mike
Pete
Tulsi
Amy
Deval
Bernie
Tom
Liz
and
Andy

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I had more chance of shitting in the Queens handbag, than Trump had of being impeached. What he did was illegal, but the way the US have handled this is nothing short of atrocious.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Apparently Donald Trump’s approval amongst African Americans has doubled in a year to 42%. Black poverty is at its lowest recorded level; black employment has increased and Trump has increased spending on schools in largely black areas.

My prediction is that he will walk the next election and get another four years. But we shall see.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I had more chance of shitting in the Queens handbag, than Trump had of being impeached. What he did was illegal, but the way the US have handled this is nothing short of atrocious.

"....but the way the US Senate have handled this is nothing short of atrocious."

Fixed that for you. We're having our own version of the 1911 House of Lords crisis right now. The upper house can do whatever it wants, and there is no king to mass-create peers and bail us out.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Great speech at Capitol Hill yesterday. Another term for Trump is nailed now. Great news

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Paywalled, I’m afraid.

I got paywalled once. I broke my nose on the credit card expectation year. They said my credit card was too old to handle the amount. I then banged my head against the window and hit my nose on the handle that releases the window lock.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Mitt Romney first Republican to announce he will vote for impeachment - at least one of them has some balls

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Mitt Romney first Republican to announce he will vote for impeachment - at least one of them has some balls

Seems to be getting crucified for it!

If Trump's approval rating is 94% among Republicans and 7% among Democrats... Is he officially the most divisive person in the US??. And would the 94% agree that having someone so divisive as POTUS is a bad thing for the country?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
"....but the way the US Senate have handled this is nothing short of atrocious."

Fixed that for you. We're having our own version of the 1911 House of Lords crisis right now. The upper house can do whatever it wants, and there is no king to mass-create peers and bail us out.

False

It was the House that ****ed it up so badly that they made it incredibly easy for the Sentate to deal with.

If you want to blame someone, blame Adam Schiff. That's the clown that made an absolute meal of it all.

So bad they started out on quid pro quo and when they knew they were stuffed and couldn't prove that they changed tact several times just to get something before the Senate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here