Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I think most people have, but there are still some loyalists who would argue the sun is purple if Trump suggested it was. It's incredible how angry people are and how desperate they are to express it. Trump really did hit upon something with his campaigning, and those people have given him tens of millions of Dollars for literally no reason at all in order to keep the "movement" going. Incredible.

It's akin to a parasocial relationship, isn't it? Quite bizarre.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
:lolol:

In my job I have had, on occasions, the chance to work with people who have a completely different life take to me, a different way of operating, etc. This has created some excellent collaborations, often triggered by chance, some of which have resulted in research articles (and, more recently, the invention of a new medicine that me and my colleagues have patented, and that later today, we will be exploring next stage development in a Teams chat). It has crossed my mind that it might be interesting to work with Swanny on some sort of project. My suspicion, however, is we are probably both too fickle ???

That is fantastic :thumbsup:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Is that the word of the day or..? 19 years without a mention of "parasocial relationships" and then twice in one day!

Nope. Been in circulation since the 50's:

Parasocial interaction was first described from the perspective of media and communication studies. In 1956, Horton and Wohl explored the different interactions between mass media users and media figures and determined the existence of a parasocial relationship (PSR), where the user acts as though they are involved in a typical social relationship.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I would pay good money to watch a series of Big Brother where the only two housemates are Swanny and HWT.

(In a Geordie accent)

"Dey 4: The housemates have made a den out of used pizza boxes and are sat in it listening to obscure European electronic music...."

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
It's akin to a parasocial relationship, isn't it? Quite bizarre.

I'll be honest, I didn't know what that was - but having Googled it, that's exactly right. Trump loves those people at his rallies and who give him money, but it's only when they're directly in front of him. Those people are so desperate for validation of their views that they will go along with whoever spouts them, even if they look, behave and sound like Trump. An illiterate fraudster who cares only about himself.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Donald Trump
37/10
Ron DeSantis
23/5
Joe Biden
13/2
Gavin Newsom
14/1

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
It is a shame that so much of the middle of our populace is now fatigued, bored and disillusioned by not just the showmen/liars like Johnson, but also the honest decent and dull people who want to make the world a better place, thanks to the shameless and ruthless power grabbing by the likes of Trump and Putin, and the support given to this, intentionally and unintentionally, by iconoclasts like Snowden and Assange (and David Ike if you want to rope him in). It is not a conspiracy, just opportunism by the carpet-bagging charlatans we have voted into power. With lubrication from tin-foilers gobbing off all over the internet including here on a football forum.

I say old chap, you ain't half one hell of an erudite fukka aren't you?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I say old chap, you ain't half one hell of an erudite fukka aren't you?

Or so full of shit that even when I raise an eyebrow I squelch :drool:

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
The only thing true in this story is that Giuliani spent several years trying to find something on Hunter's laptop to incriminate Biden, but failed. There is little doubt the laptop was Hunter's (though no certainty), and if there had been anything damaging on it, a five minute job would have provided the evidence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunter_Biden_laptop_controversy

In other words a fishing expedition using all the powers available to the Trump gang, and still no fish.

At least when the republicans went after Clinton's financial impropriety in a long and expensive fishing exercise they did eventually find a dress with a bit of spunk on it. :shrug:

That’s my point, a five minute job provided all of the evidence. Maybe you need to spend five minutes…just not on Wikipedia,

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
That’s my point, a five minute job provided all of the evidence. Maybe you need to spend five minutes…just not on Wikipedia,

Who the heck gives a fig about Hunter Biden? Was he running for president? Do we get the blame for any crimes our kids might have committed? It was yet another attempted distraction by Trumpists,

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Who the heck gives a fig about Hunter Biden? Was he running for president? Do we get the blame for any crimes our kids might have committed? It was yet another attempted distraction by Trumpists,

If there was indications that Trump jr was involved in some corruption scandal, you'd be all over it and link it to his dad.

I think people's ambition to portray all Democractic politicians and their surroundings as some kind of innocent saints because Trump is a ****tard is entirely human (people don't want to feel that their Jedi heroes are almost as shady as their enemies in the Empire) but that is, if you look at it soberly, pretty damn far from the truth. Both parties are frightening levels of corrupt and leave very little room for any kind of democratic process, not least proven by the advantages given to Biden and Clinton over Sanders in the presidential candidate nominations.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

If you had any evidence you'd present the links to it, rather than pretend I'm a fool because I can't find it.

Present your evidence - it will clearly take you far less than five minutes for you to find it and post it. Then I promise to properly evaluate it.

And remember, I am looking for evidence that President Biden is as bad as President Trump, not evidence that his son may be a prat.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If there was indications that Trump jr was involved in some corruption scandal, you'd be all over it and link it to his dad.

I think people's ambition to portray all Democractic politicians and their surroundings as some kind of innocent saints because Trump is a ****tard is entirely human (people don't want to feel that their Jedi heroes are almost as shady as their enemies in the Empire) but that is, if you look at it soberly, pretty damn far from the truth. Both parties are frightening levels of corrupt and leave very little room for any kind of democratic process, not least proven by the advantages given to Biden and Clinton over Sanders in the presidential candidate nominations.

Stop being silly. People are claiming that Biden is as bad as Trump (or worse) and some of us are asking to see the evidence. 'Both parties are corrupt' is playground talk.

The evidence that Trump is properly bad was broadcast live on television when he triggered a riot that resulted in death, and when he was found to have stolen secret documents and moved them from the white house. In themselves these actions are sufficient to define the man, without the need to invoke the lack of tax returns, Stormy Daniels and so on.

Getting shirty when the world at large says 'show us the evidence' when Trump's goons say 'whatabout Biden/Clinton?' is not a good look.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Fortunately HWT does not have to try to find evidence of Trump's kids being corrupt ....New York's Attorney General has done that for him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here