Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
Jesus where have you been for 5 years? Hilary is long gone.

Your vision of Democracy differs wildly to Trump’s, Farage’s and Patel’s. Move to somewhere you like.😁

You’re very uninformed. Hillary is always opening her beak. Just last week she declared the end of democracy if Republicans are Re-elected, so please keep up.

My vision of democracy is democracy. The facts are Americans are fleeing liberal states at record numbers. They are just facts. Like customers of a business. Treat them well, they’ll keep buying. Piss them off and they’ll take their business elsewhere.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
You’re very uninformed. Hillary is always opening her beak. Just last week she declared the end of democracy if Republicans are Re-elected, so please keep up.

My vision of democracy is democracy. The facts are Americans are fleeing liberal states at record numbers. They are just facts. Like customers of a business. Treat them well, they’ll keep buying. Piss them off and they’ll take their business elsewhere.

I don’t suffer fools gladly, so my final response.
Internal US migration to Texas is mainly IT companies relocating with new employees bringing Texas close to swinging left.

Now back to topic. Trump is an evil orange bungle****.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Take a look at the stats around people permanently leaving states like New York, New Jersey, Illinois and California, heading for Florida and Texas. That is the purest form of democracy. Don't like how you're being governed, move to a place that your values align.

Sounds frighteningly similar to what white neo nazis have been calling for, for decades. A separation with white only “safe” states.
Obviously the wealthy move first into their gated communities, followed by poorer white folk to do the manual labour.

I could be wrong.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
anyone signed up to Trump's social media app - "The Truth" ? :lolol:

[tweet]1479203191359168513[/tweet]

Criky. The echo-chamber to end all echo-chambers.

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
Sounds frighteningly similar to what white neo nazis have been calling for, for decades. A separation with white only “safe” states.
Obviously the wealthy move first into their gated communities, followed by poorer white folk to do the manual labour.

I could be wrong.

Doesn’t seem like anyone is calling for it to happen. There is no siren promoting the idea. It seems very organic and seems to be accelerating with Covid policies. It seems troubling that states are likely to become even more red or blue as a result and a soft kind of return to Union/Confederacy is a longer term risk. The irony in all of this is that the Hispanic bloc have a far more conservative viewpoint than liberals believe.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Doesn’t seem like anyone is calling for it to happen. There is no siren promoting the idea. It seems very organic

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Organic my feckin arse, it’s white flight….

You know what sadly by people like my stupid dumb ass father in law, who retired recently, longs for the old days, two time divorced, thinks the world is changing too fast, and set against ordinary folks like him.
Born again Christian, Trump voter, believes the vote was rigged, believes he doesn’t need a vaccine because god will protect him, and wants to move from Michigan to Florida, sadly this man was a good man, he employed lots of people from different ethnic backgrounds, but has lost his way down so many rabbit warrens, he don’t know his arse from his elbow now….
He’s been sold a pup, by the likes of Trump feeding off peoples dumb ass ignorance and intolerance, drip, drip, drip, add an evangelical church into the equation and bingo, you have scared folk believing they need to be saved…..

Organic my arse, grow up

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia

You know what sadly by people like my stupid dumb ass father in law, who retired recently, longs for the old days, two time divorced, thinks the world is changing too fast, and set against ordinary folks like him.
Born again Christian, Trump voter, believes the vote was rigged, believes he doesn’t need a vaccine because god will protect him, and wants to move from Michigan to Florida, sadly this man was a good man, he employed lots of people from different ethnic backgrounds, but has lost his way down so many rabbit warrens, he don’t know his arse from his elbow now….
He’s been sold a pup, by the likes of Trump feeding off peoples dumb ass ignorance and intolerance, drip, drip, drip, add an evangelical church into the equation and bingo, you have scared folk believing they need to be saved…..

Organic my arse, grow up

Grow up you say? People leaving whiter states and moving to more ethnically diverse states? Really, are those your beliefs? It’s nothing to do with race - why is left so obsessed with skin colour?

If people are moving to Florida for some Aryan utopia, they’ll be very disappointed.

Happy to debate on facts and merits unless you prefer pulling hair.

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia

Organic my arse, grow up

https://wusfnews.wusf.usf.edu/news/...s-at-the-where-and-why-people-move-to-florida

Apparently, according to those that actually study and research vs opine, it’s mostly to do with a better standard of living. But hey ho, you keep believing you and I’ll try to grow up.

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
Progressives/Liberals/Democrats/Left - you pick whatever you want. Doesn’t change the facts that they’re skin tone obsessed. See most issues based upon melatonin levels which seems very superficial. A little like believing people are moving to Florida and Texas because they’re White. See, another viewpoint based upon skin tone.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
https://wusfnews.wusf.usf.edu/news/...s-at-the-where-and-why-people-move-to-florida

Apparently, according to those that actually study and research vs opine, it’s mostly to do with a better standard of living. But hey ho, you keep believing you and I’ll try to grow up.

Sorry that was a petulant thing to say grow up.

If people are moving for simply a better standard of living it has nothing to do with which political party is running that state then surely.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Progressives/Liberals/Democrats/Left - you pick whatever you want.

I didn't, you did. You decided to describe anyone who isn't a Trumper as "the left".

It completely undermines any debate or valid argument you wish to present to a UK audience because (to the vast majority) of us it sounds completely ridiculous.

Historically, we view the USA as having two right of centre parties with not that much between them. One ****s up, the other gets it and repeat.

You then decide to elect a weapons grade bat shit mental reality TV star as president a few years ago and anyone who disagrees is on the road to communism.

It's sad to see a great country like the USA regress and descend into the Cold War paranoid McCarthyism of the past.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Grow up you say? People leaving whiter states and moving to more ethnically diverse states? Really, are those your beliefs? It’s nothing to do with race - why is left so obsessed with skin colour?

If people are moving to Florida for some Aryan utopia, they’ll be very disappointed.

I’m not obsessed with skin colour, don’t make out I am when I’m simply stating a fact from unfortunately my own eyes in relation to unfortunately my wife’s family and others I have met in America. Please don’t label me the same as them, I’m telling it as I see it from my own experiences. America is one of the most racist countries I have been too, maybe because I am white and perceived as not a threat to their social standing or security, I have witnessed casual racist language, some of it very disturbing from people not just in normal workplaces to folks in authority and office and in charge of global companies from places as far apart as Detroit, New Orleans, Phoenix, San Francisco nearly all these people are either republican's, libertarians or born again Christian’s.
Florida has long been a snowbird destination for rich white folk, and Texas is rapidly catching Arizona up as new settlement areas for folk fleeing the Midwest and East Coast “disgruntled” with life, I personally see it as a form of white flight.

Again only speaking from personal experience, and I’m possibly totally wrong.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Isn't this democracy too?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

So which 'fact' are we debating?

The fact that people are moving away from states because of democratic government policy that they don't like?

Or

The fact that people are moving because of a higher standard of living?

As you have only provided evidence to back up one of these 'facts' I assume it is the latter. In which case how does this apply to the point you are making?

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Most certainly, as long as the right is equally applied. Free speech should be at the very core of democracy. Unfortunately, in terms of social media and historical media, that right isn't equally applied. Those double standards pose a grave threat.

I think people confuse social media with journalism, and the two are not the same.

Mind you, from what I've seen of journalism in the States it makes the UK equivalent seem rather sedate in comparison. I still find it astonishing that a lie is allowed to be presented as an "opinion" under free speech, which is then in turn inferred to be a FACT (sorry, couldn't help myself :D).

No wonder people are confused about what they can trust.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Watched channel 4 The cult of conspiracy: QAnon .
Very scary times ahead of us unfortunately

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
A must listen is podcast "The Coming Storm" from the BBC's Gabriel Gatehouse

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001324r

Personally, I think Murdoch has a lot of answer, I don't think Trump could have ever happened without Fox News

Let this be a warning to us, there are dishonest actors in this current government that want to tear up media regulation in favour of a more partisan landscape which sows division and hate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here