Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Regarding his mentality, I wouldn’t say illness. Instead the personality disorder of extreme narcissism. Resulting in cruelty, lacking any empathy, bullying, almost rejoicing in the pain or death of anyone considered an opponent, revelling in divisions he’s exacerbated in society, a liar.

Cut of the same cloth as Himmler.

But unluckily for Trump he lives in a democracy, which has booted him out of office.

I think you are both right. He's always been a wrong 'un but combine that with a gradually deteriorating neurological condition that prevents insight of it, so no acceptance of criticism, and you get the complete nasty mess we see. The textbook bungle****.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Regarding his mentality, I wouldn’t say illness. Instead the personality disorder of extreme narcissism. Resulting in cruelty, lacking any empathy, bullying, almost rejoicing in the pain or death of anyone considered an opponent, revelling in divisions he’s exacerbated in society, a liar.

Would you not consider that a mental illness...?

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
With the obvious caveat of not being a Trump supporter, here's what I have noted from reading right and left forums and listening to podcasts on both sides.
- No war. Bearing in mind that it was regularly touted that he was going to nuke us all he didn't involved in any new overseas wars. I'd say much of the backing he has on the 'drain the swamp' side was because he didn't cave in to demands for conflict.
- Supreme Court picks (if you are a Republican).
- Had a vaccine sorted and in place (other covid response issues adide even Biden congratulated him on this).
- Set the agenda to counter China (not very well but expect much more of this in the next 2 years when it's easier to denounce them. His comments about their WHO influence were initially condemned but now starting to come out).
- the economy. It was looking good ahead of Covid though I accept the issues with his aporoach to debt and how temporary the improvement may have been.

That's all I have.

Last edited:

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
How strong was the economy, really? It was such a house of cards built entierly on supporting and aiding the extremely wealthy at the top, but everyone at the bottom was getting more and more cut adrift. The pandemic isn't his fault but the absolute failure of leadership to respond to it is and the inherent weakness of the economy has been proven but how desperate the situation is for so many people there. If you're only able to survive month to month and there's a whole class of people struggling to that extent then the economy isn't strong at all. A strong economy would enable working class people to not fall into poverty if one pay cheque is missed or reduced.

I'm not saying that's entirely Trump's fault, because it's not - but he's been good for the very top and to hell with anyone else, whilst still retaining the vocal support of the very people he was no good for. It's an amazing magic trick keeping their support but I think it says more about those people than it does about the narcissistic child himself.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
With the obvious caveat of not being a Trump supporter, here's what I have noted from reading right and left forums and listening to podcasts on both sides.
- No war. Bearing in mind that it was regularly touted that he was going to nuke us all he didn't involved in any new overseas wars. I'd say much of the backing he has on the 'drain the swamp' side was because he didn't cave in to demands for conflict.
- Had a vaccine sorted and in place (other covid response issues adide even Biden congratulated him on this).
- Set the agenda to counter China (not very well but expect much more of this in the next 2 years when it's easier to denounce them. His comments about their WHO influence were initially condemned but now starting to come out).
- the economy. It was looking good ahead of Covid though I accept the issues with his aporoach to debt and how temporary the improvement may have been.

That's all I have.

The new war meant no US troops to new conflicts. 10+ conflicts continued with US military involved. Syria had the biggest and bestest bomb dropped on it thanks to the little fat finger. Iran had the killing of Solemani and a drone attack near Tehran Airport.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

this had sweet fa to do with Trump. only thing US gov contributed (other than mis-information) was funding that amounted to forward orders on developed drugs.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1351764708328669186[/TWEET]

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

That's all I have.

The Supreme Court packing is virtually nothing to do with Trump - it was Mitch McConnell's control of the senate which allowed the Republicans to block the Democrat nomination in 2016 and push through the Republican nomination in the same (or worse) circumstances in 2020, and Anthony Kennedy's choice to retire in 2018.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

That's all I have.

NAFTA trade deal - The trade deal his administration made with Mexico and Canada came with the caveat that Mexico would overhaul its labor laws. They did so, and part of the new set of laws that just passed gave Mexican workers the right to collective bargaining. Previously NAFTA helped keep unionization out of Mexico as U.S. companies sought cheap labor there. The new deal, USMCA, seeks to de-incentivize moving jobs beyond the southern border by improving the lot of Mexican workers.

Guaranteeing HBC's financial stability for years to come.

First Step Act

Americans With Disabilities Act

Speeding Up Generic Drug Approval

Doubling the Standard tax Deductions

AIDs/HIV plan

Restoring Due Process on College Campuses

I look back and think if they hadn't hounded him from even before he got into office and played personality politics over coming up with better policies for four years it might not have ended this way.

They just couldn't handle it that their puppet Hilary was beaten.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
NAFTA trade deal - The trade deal his administration made with Mexico and Canada came with the caveat that Mexico would overhaul its labor laws. They did so, and part of the new set of laws that just passed gave Mexican workers the right to collective bargaining. Previously NAFTA helped keep unionization out of Mexico as U.S. companies sought cheap labor there. The new deal, USMCA, seeks to de-incentivize moving jobs beyond the southern border by improving the lot of Mexican workers.

First Step Act

AIDs/HIV plan

I look back and think if they hadn't hounded him from even before he got into office and played personality politics over coming up with better policies for four years it might not have ended this way.

On issues such as the untouched 1990 Disability Act we know how Trump, mock the disabled, would truly feel. He’d send the missus out in her coat.

E636F3ED-3FAD-474B-93B3-E5DC1393F812.png

D

Deleted member 22389

First Step Act

AIDs/HIV plan

I agree.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here