Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
New York Times has spoken to election officials in every state and come to the conclusion that Trump is talking shite

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/10/us/politics/voting-fraud.html?fbclid=IwAR3EIiLveWrpAhoDodYTlZk7Z5RNKXJDAvAg7vCcFGV9ULzBp4oV5m37Qvk

I know some on here will say NYT, liberal propaganda machine blah, blah, blah

There will no doubt someone who comes back with a TouTube video or a link to a long, rambling article about why you can't believe a word the NYT says and it's all part of the MSM Deep State, Soros-owned, Gates-injecting, pizza-gating community, yes.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
He is just about to come out of hiding at Arlington Cemetery. Surely even this waste of skin wouldn't use this to make a political point?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Umbrella man had to leave so The Don is getting his Barnet wet. That'll improve his mood! :D

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
CNN missed a trick there. Donald shuffling off back to his car in the pouring rain. If ever there was a time to play the Incredible Hulk end music ...

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
There will no doubt someone who comes back with a TouTube video or a link to a long, rambling article about why you can't believe a word the NYT says and it's all part of the MSM Deep State, Soros-owned, Gates-injecting, pizza-gating community, yes.

I doubt it, Greg. That would be absolutely ridiculous!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
In Georgia, for instance. You have an entirely republican legislature and governor. They can award the electoral college slate to Trump, even with a Biden win. It's just never been done before and would spark a constitutional crises.

This was written back in March, but outlines the electoral college steal mechanism. This is Trump, he will def try this on imho.

Only question is if the GOP allows?

theres the really important question. does the GOP really want him there and willing to burn through democratic process for him? he's already pissed off the Georgia secretary of state, i dont think they'll go with it.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It does sound far fetched that Trump would try and get individual states to give him the electoral college slate for the state in which Biden got more votes, but it is entirely possible and constitutional

Not necessarily. There are 33 states (plus Washington DC) where the electors have to honour the vote in that state. Among those that don't are some Democrat strongholds (New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island) so the opportunity to change a vote to Republican.

I don't know why you think Dems would be in a majority?

Because it's almost certain that they will be. Here's an explainer: "All but two states appoint electors from a roster of people loyal to the party of the popular vote winner, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures." And Democrats will have won more states in the election. So, if the Democrats win Georgia - as it looks as if it will - then they're obliged to pick its college electors from the Democratic party, regardless of the fact that the state is Republican run.

So, for the faithless electors to have a say in the election, they'd have to belong to one of those 17 states, have to have a republican administration and seen the Democrats win the popular vote. Oh, and then they'd have to vote en bloc and be prepared to pay the inevitable fine. I can't see that happening in any significant numbers.

EDIT: I know there's lots of stuff floating around on social media saying this could happen but, as far as I can see, none of the changes that are being proposed will be supported by SCOTUS

Last edited:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Not necessarily. There are 33 states (plus Washington DC) where the electors have to honour the vote in that state. Among those that don't are some Democrat strongholds (New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island) so the opportunity to change a vote to Republican.

Because it's almost certain that they will be. Here's an explainer: "All but two states appoint electors from a roster of people loyal to the party of the popular vote winner, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures." And Democrats will have won more states in the election. So, if the Democrats win Georgia - as it looks as if it will - then they're obliged to pick its college electors from the Democratic party, regardless of the fact that the state is Republican run.

So, for the faithless electors to have a say in the election, they'd have to belong to one of those 17 states, have to have a republican administration and seen the Democrats win the popular vote. Oh, and then they'd have to vote en bloc and be prepared to pay the inevitable fine. I can't see that happening in any significant numbers.

EDIT: I know there's lots of stuff floating around on social media saying this could happen but, as far as I can see, none of the changes that are being proposed will be supported by SCOTUS

Still a CNN junkie and watched 2 constitutional legal experts today, both saying that Trump can is actively trying to get GOP legislators to put forward republican electoral college voters.... Your link above is the normal protocol, but there is nothing on the law or the constitution that requires it.

Already today the GOP state election commissioner of Pensylvania stated he is coming under increasing pressure to put forward GOP electoral college electors rather than the normal protocol which would be democrat. He also said "don't believe what you hear, there are bad actors lying about widespread fraud"

They also had the Georgia republican secretary of state on just now and you could tell he was pissed off at the accusations of fraud and the pressure he was getting. He stated integrity was more important than political pressure. Doing a recount but said "the winner is the winner and democracy comes before any candidate".

Trump is a wannabe despot

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Still a CNN junkie and watched 2 constitutional legal experts today, both saying that Trump can is actively trying to get GOP legislators to put forward republican electoral college voters.... Your link above is the normal protocol, but there is nothing on the law or the constitution that requires it.

Oh, I know that there are attempts to do this but I do think the fears are groundless. And as for laws, this is from the Electoral College's own website
"Some states have passed laws that require their electors to vote as pledged."

Georgia and Pennsylvania are states that haven't passed such a law but you've quoted the Georgian SoS who is really, really pissed off with the idea that there's something dodgy going on. Yes, there are some states that could fail to follow their mandate but the damage that would be done would be immense. There are some Trump cultists who'd be happy to do it but even most Republicans would be appalled at the idea that the will of the people could be overturned so easily.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Don't bite the hand that feeds, Donny.

[TWEET]1326920264203046915[/TWEET]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here