NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
This is...normal

[TWEET]1322579541437665280[/TWEET]

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
If you look at that really slow and look at the lane markings, it would appears that the white SUV drifts into the pickup. The pickup must have been in correct lane, as that was the inside lane. The collision happened in the inside lane, so clearly the SUVs fault.

They look like they are in the same lane at the beginning of the video. Both appear to be in the lane behind the bus.

I haven't watched it in slow motion but you would need to see what happened before the video to see who is at fault wouldn't you?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You genuinely think that everything that has been put out by the Trump camp on this Hunter Biden smear story is true, and that they took the time to verify it all before going public and presenting it as 'facts'?

Ok...please someone else take over, I'm done for a while.
I think Dingo is on a crusade to make sure that we are aware that shady and dishonest things are done by Biden and the Democrats. He thinks that we don't know this and need his guidance (see also T. Biggums).

The trouble is that because we all know this his posts just come across as whatabouttery and defending Trump. It then crosses our minds that perhaps he isn't aware that Trump is also shady and dishonest. We realise that he is clearly and intelligent chap so must understand this and that it would come across as arrogant and condescending to continually point it out.

Then we go round and round again.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I think Dingo is on a crusade to make sure that we are aware that shady and dishonest things are done by Biden and the Democrats. He thinks that we don't know this and need his guidance (see also T. Biggums).

The trouble is that because we all know this his posts just come across as whatabouttery and defending Trump. It then crosses our minds that perhaps he isn't aware that Trump is also shady and dishonest. We realise that he is clearly and intelligent chap so must understand this and that it would come across as arrogant and condescending to continually point it out.

Then we go round and round again.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

To be fair, I have always acknowledged Trumps faults, there are many of them. What I have also done though is discriminated between political corruption and being an ********. I find political corruption to be worse, but it's fair enough if you disagree.

My main beef, which it always is on here, is that you have to hold everyone to the same standards. People who are anti Trump seem to have lost their minds (and their principles). Hate on Trump all you want, just don't become the equivilant of die hard Trump supporters or people who only watch FOX News, just on the other side. And that is EXACTLY what some of you have become. The left wing media have matched up with FOX, and everyone seems to think that those outlets are far closer to the centre than they really are now. And many of you have followed them. And sometimes I'm not even sure if those media outlets or you realize it. And I am aware you shouldn't start a sentence with and.

All of this is more than just about Trump vs Biden, it's a big cultural change, it has become a post-truth world, but that's not all down to Trump.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
To be fair, I have always acknowledged Trumps faults, there are many of them. What I have also done though is discriminated between political corruption and being an ********. I find political corruption to be worse, but it's fair enough if you disagree.

My main beef, which it always is on here, is that you have to hold everyone to the same standards. People who are anti Trump seem to have lost their minds (and their principles). Hate on Trump all you want, just don't become the equivilant of die hard Trump supporters or people who only watch FOX News, just on the other side. And that is EXACTLY what some of you have become. The left wing media have matched up with FOX, and everyone seems to think that those outlets are far closer to the centre than they really are now. And many of you have followed them. And sometimes I'm not even sure if those media outlets or you realize it. And I am aware you shouldn't start a sentence with and.

All of this is more than just about Trump vs Biden, it's a big cultural change, it has become a post-truth world, but that's not all down to Trump.

My assessment of Trump is based upon only the words that come from his mouth. In the same way as my political views in this country are never influenced by the papers. I would link The Canary even less than I would the Daily Mail.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
My assessment of Trump is based upon only the words that come from his mouth. In the same way as my political views in this country are never influenced by the papers. I would link The Canary even less than I would the Daily Mail.

Right, but I think what comes out of someones mouth and what they do are different things, and you should judge someone by what they do, not what they say.

Obama was a worse President than Trump has been, he was also incredibly smooth, good looking, charming and said all the right things. It depends what you value, the thing which winds me up the most is that we seem to value presentation over substance. If you like the look and sound of someone, that's what matters. That's a disaster IMO.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Right, but I think what comes out of someones mouth and what they do are different things, and you should judge someone by what they do, not what they say.

Obama was a worse President than Trump has been, he was also incredibly smooth, good looking, charming and said all the right things. It depends what you value, the thing which winds me up the most is that we seem to value presentation over substance. If you like the look and sound of someone, that's what matters. That's a disaster IMO.

I assume you don't have the faintest idea of what Trump has actually done then. Or in the case of COVID-19, not done. Has there ever been a greater failure of leadership?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

I get that you don't think that we see the political corruption on the democrat's side and that you think that we don't see the bias from left-wing media.

Here is the thing though, I think that most people do. And nothing on this thread has made me think otherwise (Ha I did it too). I suggest that you read this thread with the assumption that people recoginse this phenomenom instead of that they don't. I honestly don't think your mind will be changed.

I would ask you this though: You seem to be putting forward a ledger of Curruption V (Shall we say being an oafish bully with little respect for others? - sorry your word was blanked out). This ledger appears to ignore the other faults of Trump. I am sure we could argue semantics about what consitutes curruption but let's just say there are a few scandals and corruption accusations doing the rounds. It could be argued that you are doing exactly what you are accusing the rest of us of doing by ignoring these and suggesting that Trumps only problem is his awful personality. For balance here I would also suggest that Biden's (alledged) corruption is not his only fault also.

Surely your ledger should look something more like this.

Biden - Alledged corruption and suspect moral compass & the look of a rather doddery old man who seems to be losing his faculties.

V

Trump - Alledged corruption and suspect moral compass & A bullying devisive oaf with a borderline personality disorder.

I know which one I would pick if my choice were limited to these two?

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

This is a bold and definitive statement, would you share the metrics that you are using to compare the two?

I am amazed that someone who is spending so much time on here spouting the need to recognise bias, not get caught up with 'post truth' and binary politics and ensure they are seeing things in a balanced way would make a statement like this. It seems to be going against all that you are saying???

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.

Go ahead and justify that please. As before with Spence and Ty.B. please explain to me your personal, first hand experiences to quantify such a statement.

I lived here through Obama, and I am raising children here in the States under Trump...I would love to hear where you were living in America during both of these times.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

Your point hinges on your suggestion that Obama was a worse president than Trump and this is about as far from true as its possible to be. Obama was hit by the banking crash and ended up a disappointment, particularly in his continuation of decades old US foreign policy, but he did manage to move the country in the right direction over healthcare. The ACA is problematic because of the compromises made to the insurance lobby, but that it helped some was evident when the threat to it won the House for the Dems in 2018.

Trump has opted out of the Paris agreement on climate change, his immigration policies have been draconian, cruel and incompetemtly introduced, he has failed to offer anything for healthcare, his tax cut was a disaster for the middle classes, he has shut down the government, wrecked the EPA, ruined international relationships, stuffed the government with unqualified cronies, undone the Iran deal making the Middle East more dangerous, failed to bring back the manufacturing he promised, and failed his country utterly in his handling of the virus. Just in terms of policy and implementation he has been the worst president in my lifetime, perhaps in history.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Obama's 'failures' stem from one source:-

Leader of the House - Mitch McConnell.

Supreme Court appointments tells you all you need to know about that career politician.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Your point hinges on your suggestion that Obama was a worse president than Trump and this is about as far from true as its possible to be. Obama was hit by the banking crash and ended up a disappointment, particularly in his continuation of decades old US foreign policy, but he did manage to move the country in the right direction over healthcare. The ACA is problematic because of the compromises made to the insurance lobby, but that it helped some was evident when the threat to it won the House for the Dems in 2018.

Trump has opted out of the Paris agreement on climate change, his immigration policies have been draconian, cruel and incompetemtly introduced, he has failed to offer anything for healthcare, his tax cut was a disaster for the middle classes, he has shut down the government, wrecked the EPA, ruined international relationships, stuffed the government with unqualified cronies, undone the Iran deal making the Middle East more dangerous, failed to bring back the manufacturing he promised, and failed his country utterly in his handling of the virus. Just in terms of policy and implementation he has been the worst president in my lifetime, perhaps in history.

I wish I could give more than one thumbs up for this post.

I agree that Obama was disappointing in many respects, and that can be overlooked on account of his extraordinary charisma and oratory skills.

But to imply equivalence is absurd and seems to be the last bastion of defence for those that know they can no longer directly defend Trump with any credibility. The deliberate havoc that Trump has wreaked in terms of breaking down trust, undermining relationships and creating division both domestically and globally is unforgiveable and will create long lasting, potentially irreversible, damage that, unfortunately, will impact all of us.

As I have said before, Biden is from the past but the Democratic party is changing. A Biden win does not mean an inevitable return to the Clinton era, and that's enough to give hope.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
This is a bold and definitive statement, would you share the metrics that you are using to compare the two?

I am amazed that someone who is spending so much time on here spouting the need to recognise bias, not get caught up with 'post truth' and binary politics and ensure they are seeing things in a balanced way would make a statement like this. It seems to be going against all that you are saying???

Of course he can't. Because it's made up bullshit. Which ever way he tries to smoothly pretend he's being objective. He's not. He's a Trump fan and apologist, who is happy to lie in support of his man.

Obama in his post global financial collapse presidency, created more jobs in his first 3 years than Trump did.

Obama created the affordable care act, Trump had 2 years of both senate and Congress in republican hands and did nothing.

Trump's trade wars have increased the US defecit and the national debt is higher (not that anyone should be surprised from a failed business man whose empire is built on debt and 6 bankruptcies)

Donald Trump will be the first US president in 90 years (since Hoover) who after his 4 year term, will result in their being less jobs than when he took over.

Trump has shown his total ineptitude in bungling the covid response, almost 100x more cases than S. Korea, and even with getting first case in same week as Canada, they are 2.5 worse per capita with deaths than Canada. Over 230,000 dead. If only they were as good as Canada, 140,000 us citizens would still be alive. And yet he is attacking Fauci, telling or People to take Hydroxychloroquine (which is quack fake science - it increases risks) and suggesting to inject bleach.

Yesterday a study from Stanford university said, that because of his non social distanced, no mask rallies up to 30,000 people have been infected via one and up to 700 people will die - guess he doesn't care now they have already completed his only purpose as his backdrop for 45 minutes of rambling and lies.

He has cosied up to despots and those who hate the US whilst denigrating allies and NATO partners.

He has divided the nation, unleashed racist forces never seen before and refused to condemn white supremacists including the leader of the KKK when pushed.

Fact checkers have shown he has lied or given false statements to the the American people over 20,000 times. Let that sink in. There's only about 1500 days in 4 years.

Over 500 kids snatched from their families at the border, have been orphaned as their parents cannot be found. A 1000's mile long border with just 15 miles of new wall.

6 military or national security chiefs have resigned saying he is simply not fit to be a commander in chief.

It's not just what he says, which is often lies, delusion or conspiracy theory. It's what he does.

It's a disgrace that anybody with an ounce of intellect, which Dingodan clearly has can seek to try and justify his calamitous incompetence.

The worst and most incompetent US president ever without any shadow of doubt. Who leaves his country and the world much worse after the chaos of his time in office.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here