Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
That sounds like something...

...Trump would say...

Congratulations.
Get off your high horse and join the rest of us in the real world.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Probably given a direct Commander in Chief order to be let out of hospital after they've thrown the entire pharmaceutical cocktail at him. CV19 is deadly to vulnerable old people who are obese and with underlying health conditions. He's a desperate man with a desperate family and close advisors. President Orange is still in the woods.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
[TWEET]1313411534350147584[/TWEET]

I watch a lot of American Football, which often means enduring US commercial breaks. And to be fair this is entirely in keeping with the general style. Americans can't sell each other, I don't know – a slice of pizza, set of car tyres or retirement insurance policy, just to come up with a few things at random – without treating it like a tearjerking epic finale to a Hollywood movie.

Flags.
Bombastic music.
People practically weeping themselves to death with fervent love for 'Murica.
More flags.
Voiceover that makes a cinema blockbuster trailer seem quiet and modest.
More flags.
Gratuitous references to 'those who serve' in the armed services.
Even more flags.
Scattergun phrases to do with 'this great nation', 'our forefathers'.
Sweeping shots of The Great 'Murican Landscape, usually with rugged wholesome men being men in a manly way.
Now with extra jalapeños, $4.99.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
[TWEET]1313263278613827585[/TWEET]
He genuinely looks like he's struggling to breathe a bit here, doesn't he? Also looks scared.

Newest poll puts Biden 16 points ahead.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
[TWEET]1313263278613827585[/TWEET]
He genuinely looks like he's struggling to breathe a bit here, doesn't he? Also looks scared.

I feel this* will quickly go one of 2 ways - either Trump manages to stay well and uses this to bolster his support, or it's a shit show from now on, and he's miles behind.

* This = the political side, not specifically his health.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
[TWEET]1313256208363552769[/TWEET]
He genuinely looks like he's struggling to breathe a bit here, doesn't he?

Hopes and prayers that the polls are at least ball-park accurate and that most folks will have made their voting minds up by now and won't be swayed too much by this latest (last?) round of Trump theatre

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I feel this* will quickly go one of 2 ways - either Trump manages to stay well and uses this to bolster his support, or it's a shit show from now on, and he's miles behind.

* This = the political side, not specifically his health.

Hopes and prayers that the polls are at least ball-park accurate and that most folks will have made their voting minds up by now and won't be swayed too much by this latest (last?) round of Trump theatre

I actually think his struggle will see him lose some fans who like him for his "Strongman" (I know, laughable...) image. So any gain in sympathy vote will be offset by losses elsewhere. IMO, like.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Quite frankly people that dont want this maniac dead should be ashamed of themselves.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

I don't despite the fact that I despise him and what he has done to world politics.

However, I want him to live for another 30+ years to see all the books, films and documentaries coming out labelling him the worst President in history and seeing everything he has ever done as a businessman be shown as fraud and as a president, rolled back, ideally from a jail cell.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If he goes ahead with the live debate in a couple of weeks time whilst clearly not 100%, it could be turn out to be one of the most memorable bits of television in history.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
He looks to me like a very ill person desperately trying to look strong. How bad is their internal polling that he feels he needs to do this.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
I don't despite the fact that I despise him and what he has done to world politics.

However, I want him to live for another 30+ years to see all the books, films and documentaries coming out labelling him the worst President in history and seeing everything he has ever done as a businessman be shown as fraud and as a president, rolled back, ideally from a jail cell.

Agree with the sentiment, but as a sociopathic narcissist it will all just bounce off him surely...? Fake this, fake that....etc.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Agree with the sentiment, but as a sociopathic narcissist it will all just bounce off him surely...? Fake this, fake that....etc.

This is what he'll say, but you know that deep down it will hurt him and hurt him badly. He will be broken and on his death bed in 2050 he will know that he failed and "DISAPPOINTED HIS DADDY!" which is what will hurt the most.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
think he's badly miscalculating this one. no will attack you for being ill and recovering, even if you played down the virus (its precautionary, under guidance etc, etc). pretending to be fine when still ill makes you look reckless and you can be attacked because you say you're fine. still believe this election will be decided by the moderate Republicans, do they turn out or not, will they want to vote for this?

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
CNN saying Biden is 16 points ahead in nationwide polls - great, that means Trump will probably win

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Here's a question for the die-hards in both sides... Given it is entirely possible that neither candidate would see out 4 years in office so in all likelihood America is voting on Pence Vs Harris for at least some of the term. Does that actually make you stop and reconsider your choice or are you blindly going to follow party lines?

I would be Biden-because-he's-not-Trump, but be very pro-Harris - She will do great things - as she represents, much better, what America (IMO) stands for than the old, white, rich men on the top of the ticket. (Accepting that Biden wasn't always rich but was never really poor!)

Edit: why not Pence? Trump is a nutter because he believes he is all powerful. Pence is a nutter because he believes God is all powerful! Never a good thing in a politician in my view.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Here's a question for the die-hards in both sides... Given it is entirely possible that neither candidate would see out 4 years in office so in all likelihood America is voting on Pence Vs Harris for at least some of the term. Does that actually make you stop and reconsider your choice or are you blindly going to follow party lines?

I would be Biden-because-he's-not-Trump, but be very pro-Harris - She will do great things - as she represents, much better, what America (IMO) stands for than the old, white, rich men on the top of the ticket. (Accepting that Biden wasn't always rich but was never really poor!)

Edit: why not Pence? Trump is a nutter because he believes he is all powerful. Pence is a nutter because he believes God is all powerful! Never a good thing in a politician in my view.

Pence makes Trump look sane and reasonable.

Proper scary 'end of days' stuff going on in his head.
No. Thank. You.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here