Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In tonight's John Oliver show one of his asides is:-

Sadly I can't find the piece and, believe it or not, this part of the footage is quite watered down.

Every now and again I remember why I don't guarantee a Biden win in November.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Iran has issued an arrest warrant for Donald Trump and 35 others over the killing of Qassem Suleimani. They have asked Interpol to enforce a red notice.

Perhaps significantly, they have said they will continue this action after Trump is no longer president.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

Sadly I can't find the piece and, believe it or not, this part of the footage is quite watered down.

Careful, you'll be accused of being a member of the metropolitan elite any moment now...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

He's pushing the limits here with this, the US is a dangerous place with lots of anger and guns around. He really needs to be careful.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He's pushing the limits here with this, the US is a dangerous place with lots of anger and guns around. He really needs to be careful.

I feel the same for all CNN reporters and presenters. For exposing 24-7 the incompetence (drink disinfectant, anyone?), blatant racism and lies of Pence and Trump, it will only take one armed Alt-Right loon to take a life.

If it happened to Jo Cox in a nation with a fraction of the guns, in the US it might only be a matter of time.

Should Trump lose the presidential election, some armed thicko’s will take it really badly.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Trump retweets video of supporter shouting 'white power'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53212685

If Small Brain Amerika re-elects Trump, then they get absolutely everything they deserve, and absolutely nobody else anywhere else deserves. Jeez! :facepalm:

Indeed, it is pretty amazing that an established western nation can be sucked in by a crazy-haired philandering liar with the morals of a scrub rat and the political thinking of a second rate TV celebrity. America eh?

astralavi

Apr 6, 2017
Ignoring intelligence that bountys were put on killing american soldiers by Russia. I hope they should publish the daily briefings and see that he was told of this and did nothing

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Reddit announced on Monday that it is shutting down a forum dedicated to President Trump's most ardent fans, saying it repeatedly violates the online platform's rules against harassment, hate speech and content manipulation.

The community forum, known as a subreddit, was called The_Donald and had nearly 800,000 users. President Trump himself has been known to share memes that posted to The_Donald and other parts of Reddit.

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/29/8848...-nearly-800-000-trump-fans-over-abusive-posts

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Trump now avoiding talking about covid altogether. According to his ‘mates‘ at CNN, Trump issues 120 tweets over the weekend, just 2 mentioned covid. The rest were attacks on Democrats and the media, plus the usual divisive stuff including retweeting the “White Power” chant from an old racist supporter.

The daily press briefings with Birx and Fauci to all intents stopped a couple of months ago.

What is the Commander In Chief’s covid strategy, wtf does he do?

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

This is brilliant. Thousands perhaps even millions of right leaning Americans are deliberately putting themselves at risk by making the simple act of wearing a mask a political thing. I can tell you living in Asia that over here people regard wearing masks to protect you from disease as no more a political statement than using an umbrella to protect you from the rain. This is going to be Darwinism at its finest.

The thought of thousands of right wing Trump supporters coughing their guts up in a hospital corridor (and then getting billed for it) cos they thought wearing a mask would mark them as a liberal makes me warm and fuzzy inside.

Could be that the Trump problem is about to solve itself as he's about to kill a large chunk of his voters.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Indeed, it is pretty amazing that an established western nation can be sucked in by a crazy-haired philandering liar with the morals of a scrub rat and the political thinking of a second rate TV celebrity. America eh?

Indeed, it is pretty amazing that an established western nation can be sucked in by a crazy-haired philandering liar with the morals of a scrub rat and the political thinking of a second rate TV celebrity. The UK eh?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This is brilliant. Thousands perhaps even millions of right leaning Americans are deliberately putting themselves at risk by making the simple act of wearing a mask a political thing. I can tell you living in Asia that over here people regard wearing masks to protect you from disease as no more a political statement than using an umbrella to protect you from the rain. This is going to be Darwinism at its finest.

The thought of thousands of right wing Trump supporters coughing their guts up in a hospital corridor (and then getting billed for it) cos they thought wearing a mask would mark them as a liberal makes me warm and fuzzy inside.

Could be that the Trump problem is about to solve itself as he's about to kill a large chunk of his voters.
The levels of stupidity and ignorance Americans are showing is truly incredible. They have been brought up on programmes like St Elsewhere, ER and the like and numerous space programmes and films showing astronouts wearing space suits yet think they are going to die from Carbon Dioxide / Monokide poisoning if they wear a surgical mask.
When they watch scenes from Asia where a busy city goes about its work and they ALL wear masks do they notice people collapsing and dying in the background?

I do think you are right about the Darwinian theory in action, plenty of reports of some people refusing to wear masks in stores and businesses that insist on them being worn on " principle". Also the split in the demographics seems to show that wearing / not wearing a mask has a political and racial division attached to it with far more Democrats/ African Americans/ BAME willing to wear masks than White Republicans. They are actually killing themselves for their " principles", astounding.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For the bazillith time, 'every time I thing Biden can't lose something else happens to give me pause'.

It is impossible to make mask wearing during a pandemic a political statement.
We'll it should be...

Yet here we are again, Trumpet has easily bent the will of a section of 'susceptible' white Americans.

It makes no sense.
Masks aren't unamerican
Masks aren't weak.
How has he sold the electorate that they are.

Once again quoting John Oliver he could have gone the other way and produced MAGA masks and sold millions.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Indeed, it is pretty amazing that an established western nation can be sucked in by a crazy-haired philandering liar with the morals of a scrub rat and the political thinking of a second rate TV celebrity. The UK eh?

Yes it was my point.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Trump's approval rating amongst white evangelicals is falling. Ouch. As mentioned this demographic is important to him. He recently did the bible photo opportunity presumably to win support back. The recent loss in the Supreme Court won't have helped.

It's more attrition, I don't see them voting for Biden so rhey most likely won't vote.

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
Wonder what he said to Gilead to make this “amazing deal”. I doubt that there was any hint of a threat in his negotiation with them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here