Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
[tweet]1275674708516708353[/tweet]

(Matthew Lillard was Stu in Scream, and Shaggy in the live action Scooby-Doo movies and voices him in many animations, he also had an 8 episode run on Bosch).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Big covid problems ahead in the US. Southern and western states showing huge numbers of new daily cases. [To benchmark against our worst days with a 68M population, California’s is 39M and Florida 21M]. Meanwhile Trump reels out Kung-Flu jokes to his racist followers.

E346BED0-E711-41DB-88AC-48EADD71D828.png

51111378-40EE-4A4D-9BDE-CAAE7B0ED520.png

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Speaking of Covid, WWE, which was given 'essential service' status by the governor of Florida and had been filming shows in a closed studio have now found that multiple (according to one source "a couple of dozen") positive tests across wrestlers, producers, and crew. To keep it on topic, the governor granted pro-wrestling essential status shortly after $18.5m was promised to republican campaigns by America First Action PAC, chaired by Linda McMahon (former head of Trumps small business office, and former executive at WWE, wife of CEO Vince McMahon). But I'm sure that's a coincidence.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
[tweet]1275674708516708353[/tweet]

(Matthew Lillard was Stu in Scream, and Shaggy in the live action Scooby-Doo movies and voices him in many animations, he also had an 8 episode run on Bosch).

Note the make up which has rubbed off his neck onto his collar.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Big covid problems ahead in the US. Southern and western states showing huge numbers of new daily cases. [To benchmark against our worst days with a 68M population, California’s is 39M and Florida 21M]. Meanwhile Trump reels out Kung-Flu jokes to his racist followers.

View attachment 125295

View attachment 125296
Somehow Trump does not appear to be worried though! The last few days have seen new cases ticking up to the totals that were seen during what was seen as " peak infection". The 3 day/ 7 day averages are going up very fast now, could well hit 40k new cases a day within the week.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
I sense the rationale behind Trump's attitude towards Covid is that he knows much of his re-election chances pivot on the economy.

Unlike 2016 he now has a track record which can be attacked. The support for him on the right was largely the wall, the supreme court picks and the economy. The wall hasn't happened, the supreme court tecently went against him which leaves the economy.

There is also a different dynamic in the US with states vs the federal government. But he is obviously concerned about getting things back to what heconsiders normal before November.

Even if it's a temporary boost he has something to sell on his campaign.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Somehow Trump does not appear to be worried though! The last few days have seen new cases ticking up to the totals that were seen during what was seen as " peak infection". The 3 day/ 7 day averages are going up very fast now, could well hit 40k new cases a day within the week.

He's proven time after time that he doesn't care for humanity.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
From what I can see of the polls the penny has dropped. He's well behind in most of the key states now. And I can't see things moving in any other direction but away from the Orange Oaf.

The question in my mind is not whether Trump would lose a free and fair election in November. It's what is he going to do to between now and then to stop that from happening? He'll be terrified of losing. For all kinds of reasons.

Already talking about foreign interference to rig the November elections...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
From what I can see of the polls the penny has dropped. He's well behind in most of the key states now. And I can't see things moving in any other direction but away from the Orange Oaf.

The question in my mind is not whether Trump would lose a free and fair election in November. It's what is he going to do to between now and then to stop that from happening? He'll be terrified of losing. For all kinds of reasons.

Already talking about foreign interference to rig the November elections...

My main concern is that in the autumn the Republicans will spend countless £10m's in a media campaign against Biden, with every possible slur and lie. A dog-whistle to the shy racists and those stuck in a time warp that the Democrats are somehow leftie traitors.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
My concern is whether the elections will be free and fair. They are doing their best to prevent people from voting. Fighting to stop voting by mail, closing polling stations in predominantly black areas, limiting opening times, purging voter records etc.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
My concern is whether the elections will be free and fair. They are doing their best to prevent people from voting. Fighting to stop voting by mail, closing polling stations in predominantly black areas, limiting opening times, purging voter records etc.

Hang on.....

This is "The land of free" your on about here ?

I actually really feel for Americans who want change, and are reasonable, it just seems with the outdated two party system is unfair, they really need a change, and a third party would make them at least think about things and make them accountable to an extent.
It is all about who has the biggest budget, who can flood social media....
Such a shame, because it is a beautiful country full of some amazing people.

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Hang on.....

This is "The land of free" your on about here ?

I actually really feel for Americans who want change, and are reasonable, it just seems with the outdated two party system they really need a change.
It is all about who has the biggest budget, who can flood social media....
Such a shame, because it is a beautiful country full of some amazing people.

When the US was formed they set about starting a fair and equal society ( apart from the indigenous people ) based around what seemed a marvellous constitution. It seems to me that the various rules and rights seem to have been bypassed, ignored or gerrymandered until we have got to where we are today where it looks like the US is an absolute mess.

I wonder what some of the founding fathers of the nation would make of where they have ended up today ? A racist country with a two speed economy with extreme wealth and poverty riddled with poorly educated people with the right to wear guns quite openly. The country has huge divisions within it yet true political leaders struggle to emerge and if they do, their hands are tied by a constitution that is not allowed to be changed for modern living.

I think the US for all its glories and successes has failed as a nation when a citizen can effectively be killed slowly by a policeman while three of his colleagues look on as he does it. They have failed when the only people with the money and the influence to get to stand for President are Trump and Biden .

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
When the US was formed they set about starting a fair and equal society ( apart from the indigenous people ) based around what seemed a marvellous constitution. It seems to me that the various rules and rights seem to have been bypassed, ignored or gerrymandered until we have got to where we are today where it looks like the US is an absolute mess.

I wonder what some of the founding fathers of the nation would make of where they have ended up today ? A racist country with a two speed economy with extreme wealth and poverty riddled with poorly educated people with the right to wear guns quite openly. The country has huge divisions within it yet true political leaders struggle to emerge and if they do, their hands are tied by a constitution that is not allowed to be changed for modern living.

I think the US for all its glories and successes has failed as a nation when a citizen can effectively be killed slowly by a policeman while three of his colleagues look on as he does it. They have failed when the only people with the money and the influence to get to stand for President are Trump and Biden .

I like the US and the Americans I've met. I love the philanthropy and conscience of the likes of Gates, Ted Turner and Buffett. I accept that it's a more capitalist economy.

But I often think on similar lines to you on this. FDR, Teddy Roosevelt, Lincoln and Kennedy would've despised the racist divisiveness of Trump, the nationalism and his fck mankind raison d'etre.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016

The US is a country built on genocide, slavery and an extreme form of gunboat 'diplomacy'
Plus a very weird relationship with Jesus.

Not saying it's that different from other wealthy nations. The problem comes when a majority of citizens start to believe the simplistic hype about themselves (land of the free, leader of the free world, make America great again etc etc) and lose sight of the bigger picture. Which is why the Black Lives Matter movement may be so important. It is forcing many, especially younger generation, to step away from the marketing and look at their country through more honest eyes. Same here in the UK, though I think (despite best efforts of some) we've developed/kept a slightly better sense of perspective through being smaller and engaging with the wider world a bit more.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
My main concern is that in the autumn the Republicans will spend countless £10m's in a media campaign against Biden, with every possible slur and lie. A dog-whistle to the shy racists and those stuck in a time warp that the Democrats are somehow leftie traitors.

True, but that campaign money is going to have to be spread a lot more thinly than they'd have been hoping now that states like Texas and Ohio are unexpectedly in play. Also they can't really go after Biden's greatest asset in this election, which is that he isn't Donald Trump.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Note the make up which has rubbed off his neck onto his collar.

What is interesting about that, is that Trump supporters would consider him one of the ''manliest' presidents of all time, but also think that the use of make-up is womanly and disgusting for a male.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
True, but that campaign money is going to have to be spread a lot more thinly than they'd have been hoping now that states like Texas and Ohio are unexpectedly in play. Also they can't really go after Biden's greatest asset in this election, which is that he isn't Donald Trump.

Praying you're correct.

Anyone but Pence and Trump.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...large-lead-over-trump-but-it-could-disappear/

"Biden’s average support and margin over Trump are historically large — the largest of any contender since Bill Clinton in 1996."

"It’s not just Biden’s margin that stands out, either; he’s also only one of three candidates to crack the 50 percent mark at this point in the cycle. (The other two were Richard Nixon in 1972 and Ronald Reagan in 1984, both of whom were incumbents who went on to win landslide victories by 23 and 18 points, respectively.) It’s unlikely that Biden wins by that sort of margin, given our increasingly polarized politics, but it is a sign that there are fewer undecided or third-party voters for Trump to pick up to help improve his position. It also doesn’t bode well for Trump that he is in the worst position of any incumbent since Jimmy Carter in 1980."

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here